Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #15881
Looking for front end alignment near Dallas TX

I have called no less than 30 different businesses in the North Texas area in search of a front end alignment and so far, no takers. I did speak to a tire place in Plano Texas and he said he can do it but not today, or yesterday or last week or...

I have contacted Ford Customer Service and none of the local dealers they suggested can do it. Their primary service contractor, Rush Truck Service, won't do it.

My rig is a 2018 Thor Vegas 25.3

Freeman

Old 07-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Did you try Auto Solutions in Mesquite?
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #3

THOR #15881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calman View Post
Did you try Auto Solutions in Mesquite?
Just called Automotive Solutions in Mesquite and he said they can't do motor homes.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #4

THOR #15881
I might have just found a place in Greenville Texas. I will know for sure when I take it in tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:27 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
I have called no less than 30 different businesses in the North Texas area in search of a front end alignment and so far, no takers. I did speak to a tire place in Plano Texas and he said he can do it but not today, or yesterday or last week or...

I have contacted Ford Customer Service and none of the local dealers they suggested can do it. Their primary service contractor, Rush Truck Service, won't do it.

My rig is a 2018 Thor Vegas 25.3

Freeman
Disclaimer: I don't own an RV. But I do go camping at Holiday Inn Expresses if it is raining to keep my tent dry.

With that said, I have done lots of research should I get an RV. I use 5 Star Ford in Carrollton Texas all the time for my SUVs. They told me they will work on the Ford RV's as long as they will fit in their bay. If you have tried them you may wish to try another service writer? If they stick with no let me know, maybe it is something special about alignment? Push come to shove I can call my service writer and ask him directly, known him 20 plus years.

If all that fails versus driving to Greenville I would schedule an appointment with MHSRV, they are now pushing Service on outside RV's to make us for decrease in RV sales
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:52 AM   #6

THOR #15881
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Disclaimer: I don't own an RV. But I do go camping at Holiday Inn Expresses if it is raining to keep my tent dry.

With that said, I have done lots of research should I get an RV. I use 5 Star Ford in Carrollton Texas all the time for my SUVs. They told me they will work on the Ford RV's as long as they will fit in their bay. If you have tried them you may wish to try another service writer? If they stick with no let me know, maybe it is something special about alignment? Push come to shove I can call my service writer and ask him directly, known him 20 plus years.

If all that fails versus driving to Greenville I would schedule an appointment with MHSRV, they are now pushing Service on outside RV's to make us for decrease in RV sales
I did contact Sam Pack 5 Star Ford and was told they couldn't do it. As far as MSHRV goes, they don't do alignments but as it turns out, this RV was purchased from them so I decided to press them a little more for an answer. I was put on hold for several minutes and when they returned, they recommended Rush which as noted above had already said no.

Thanks for the offer to help and if things don't work out in Greenville, I might take you up on that offer.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:28 AM   #7

THOR #13058
Quote:
I did contact Sam Pack 5 Star Ford and was told they couldn't do it. As far as MSHRV goes, they don't do alignments but as it turns out, this RV was purchased from them so I decided to press them a little more for an answer. I was put on hold for several minutes and when they returned, they recommended Rush which as noted above had already said no.

Thanks for the offer to help and if things don't work out in Greenville, I might take you up on that offer.
Wow, I thought I was gonna be covered with the Ford Dealership on all things related to the OEM Ford Chassis. I will have to call my service advisor and ask him what gives? I assume something special they need to do alignments they don't have but they said the they service the RVs.

Another option I have is from a Sales Rep that referred me to Elite Specialty Motor Home Repair; They are in Alvarado too nad do a lot of work from MHSRV. I think the guy I talked to was John Compton 8173721352, but remember I have never used them, but he sounded very friendly and reliable over the phone. He may even know of places closer to where you are?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 07-11-2019, 02:39 AM   #8

THOR #15881
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wow, I thought I was gonna be covered with the Ford Dealership on all things related to the OEM Ford Chassis. I will have to call my service advisor and ask him what gives? I assume something special they need to do alignments they don't have but they said the they service the RVs.

Another option I have is from a Sales Rep that referred me to Elite Specialty Motor Home Repair; They are in Alvarado too nad do a lot of work from MHSRV. I think the guy I talked to was John Compton 8173721352, but remember I have never used them, but he sounded very friendly and reliable over the phone. He may even know of places closer to where you are?
I would be interested to hear what your service adviser has to say. As far as Elite goes, I have not spoken to them but I suspect that they do RV repairs such as roof, body interior, plumbing, but not chassis work. Either way, I will definitely contact them if Greenville fails. I'm 50 minutes from Greenville and 90 minutes from Alvarado.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:33 AM   #9

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8338
I took my new Class A to Southwest International for an alignment when I purchased it two years ago. I was happy with their work.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:33 AM   #10

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8338
Southwest International is in McKinney Tx.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:57 AM   #11

THOR #13058
Quote:
I would be interested to hear what your service adviser has to say. As far as Elite goes, I have not spoken to them but I suspect that they do RV repairs such as roof, body interior, plumbing, but not chassis work. Either way, I will definitely contact them if Greenville fails. I'm 50 minutes from Greenville and 90 minutes from Alvarado.
I called 5 Star Ford in Carrollton and found out the Service Writer I have used 20 plus years has retired. Then they started putting me in voicemail. I must have called 6 times and get a voicemail for a different someone I don't know every time. May stop by sometime next week so I can eyeball somebody that knows me from working with my old service writer.

I suspect you are right. I have to find me a new Service Writer I can trust. They may have been referring to routine things like oil changes filters etc. The suggestion of Southwest International is in McKinney Tx. is promising. I would like to know how much that costs?
Old 07-14-2019, 03:01 AM   #12

THOR #15881
I did manage to get the alignment done at Pro-Align in Greenville Tx.

I can't find my notes right now but looking at the website, I'm pretty sure I contacted Southwest International and they said no as well. Keep in mind that my Vegas 25.3 is on the E450 chassis where as RAM51's Windsport 29M is on the F-53 chassis. The problem seems to be with the E450 chassis.

Thanks again for all the replies and suggestions.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #13

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #12635
Quote:
I did manage to get the alignment done at Pro-Align in Greenville Tx.

I can't find my notes right now but looking at the website, I'm pretty sure I contacted Southwest International and they said no as well. Keep in mind that my Vegas 25.3 is on the E450 chassis where as RAM51's Windsport 29M is on the F-53 chassis. The problem seems to be with the E450 chassis.

Thanks again for all the replies and suggestions.

The problem is with the tire size on the E450 chassis. Several of the places that do alignments told me that the tire were too small to mount the equipment to.
Good Sam Member 855452801
Sk8nmike is offline   Reply With Quote