Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2021, 01:06 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
Posts: 295
THOR #21278
Some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1479AF22-2A5C-4A92-8205-2CFBE3DDD1D5.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	34007   Click image for larger version

Name:	74509749-2274-472D-A32C-1D070C5EEDCA.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	34008  

Click image for larger version

Name:	89CCA6BF-97D9-4BA6-8588-5BD390C1A3B8.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	34009   Click image for larger version

Name:	8FEB516A-9881-489B-B679-B92EF7F5A849.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	34010  


__________________
2021 Thor ACE 33.1
2015 Forest River Forester 2861DS
2012 Milan Eclipse
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:38 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
paulwadley's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
Posts: 2,326
THOR #12698
That looks like a major deal to repair and you might consider taking it back to the factory for the repair and not at the dealership.


Paul
__________________
paulwadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:47 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
Posts: 295
THOR #21278
Hi Paul. Taking it back to the factory in IN crossed my mind. But the distance and days of travel from Las Vegas to IN is gling to be a problem. One way to IN will be 3-4 day drive. We still work Full Time. Travel time alone will be 6-8 days worth if drive. There is also my one year warranty that will expire Nov. 21st of this year. So Iím on a tight situation on this fix. The dealership already submitted the work authorization to THOR. I am hoping to hear back from them soon. Also hoping the dealer will do a good job on the repair.

Have you heard anything about the floor bowing upwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
That looks like a major deal to repair and you might consider taking it back to the factory for the repair and not at the dealership.


Paul
__________________
2021 Thor ACE 33.1
2015 Forest River Forester 2861DS
2012 Milan Eclipse
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:08 AM   #44
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
Posts: 3
THOR #19940
Our Thor has been into Camping World three times for warranty work.
Every time we received it back after three to four weeks and usually only because I have talked with the Service Manager. I was under the impression that when you make an appointment, the work will be done in one or two hours. What is the point of making an appointment if it will be be in the shop for at least three weeks. Frustrated!










Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
We dropped off our 2021 THOR ACE 33.1 at the RV dealership last Tuesday (09/14) for some warranty repair work. Some minor issues that I cannot fix myself.

Main Issues are:

1. Front Slide Out making crunching noise when extending and retracting. The lower rail have visible gouges.
2. Main door latch got "stucked 2x". We got stucked inside the RV while at a gas station during our last trip. I had to pry it open using a flat head screw driver. It seems like the "latch" that locks into that "tubular bar" that sticks out of the door frame binds (sometimes). I find this a MAJOR Safety Issue.

I also need to do the "Annual Forever Warranty Inspection".. Also doing what they recommended, AC cleaning/inspection (haven't done this before). The dealer made a Warranty Repair List, total of 7 items.

I was told that they will try to finish the Annual Forever Warranty Inspection, AC cleaning/inspection and WILL look at the warranty punch list and send the Authorization Request to THOR. I was initially told we can pick up the RV tomorrow, and bring it back to the dealer once they receive the work authorization from THOR.

I emailed THOR CS yesterday and sent them a copy of the Dealer's Punch List, as well as my own list and some pictures of the gouges on the slide frame. THOR CS responded right away and informed me that they have not received and work authorization request from the dealer yet.

Today, I called the dealer to ask if I can pick up the RV tomorrow. They apologized and said they haven't even had the chance to do ANYTHING on the RV yet. I said that is fine. I will give them a call again next week.

In your experience, what is the reasonable time to expect from the dealer to inspect, take pictures and send work request authorization to THOR? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 4 weeks?
__________________
pkalunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:13 AM   #45
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
Posts: 3
THOR #19940
Also, we have bolt heads pooping up in the floor in front of the refrigerator and we were told that it is off warranty so it will cost us $1600 for repair even though we mentioned the problem while it still was on warranty and was told wait until the bolt heads are more pronounced.
__________________
pkalunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:35 AM   #46
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 8,412
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalunian View Post
Also, we have bolt heads pooping up in the floor in front of the refrigerator and we were told that it is off warranty so it will cost us $1600 for repair even though we mentioned the problem while it still was on warranty and was told wait until the bolt heads are more pronounced.
You mentioned it or they looked at it, there is a difference. If the dealer or Thor saw the issue but delayed action until a later date it should be covered. You mentioning something doesnít always meet the verification of problem threshold.

My rig gets dropped off today for its final warranty punch list of about 5 items plus a generator service. I already have the shop ticket listings all items for repair. The Service Advisor sent me the email when I made the appointment. My warranty expires Oct 3 and the estimated date of return is 2 weeks.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:43 AM   #47
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,195
THOR #8860
Good luck!
__________________
"What: me worry?"
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:34 AM   #48
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.2
State: Illinois
Posts: 48
THOR #12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
We dropped off our 2021 THOR ACE 33.1 at the RV dealership last Tuesday (09/14) for some warranty repair work. Some minor issues that I cannot fix myself.

Main Issues are:

1. Front Slide Out making crunching noise when extending and retracting. The lower rail have visible gouges.
2. Main door latch got "stucked 2x". We got stucked inside the RV while at a gas station during our last trip. I had to pry it open using a flat head screw driver. It seems like the "latch" that locks into that "tubular bar" that sticks out of the door frame binds (sometimes). I find this a MAJOR Safety Issue.

I also need to do the "Annual Forever Warranty Inspection".. Also doing what they recommended, AC cleaning/inspection (haven't done this before). The dealer made a Warranty Repair List, total of 7 items.

I was told that they will try to finish the Annual Forever Warranty Inspection, AC cleaning/inspection and WILL look at the warranty punch list and send the Authorization Request to THOR. I was initially told we can pick up the RV tomorrow, and bring it back to the dealer once they receive the work authorization from THOR.

I emailed THOR CS yesterday and sent them a copy of the Dealer's Punch List, as well as my own list and some pictures of the gouges on the slide frame. THOR CS responded right away and informed me that they have not received and work authorization request from the dealer yet.

Today, I called the dealer to ask if I can pick up the RV tomorrow. They apologized and said they haven't even had the chance to do ANYTHING on the RV yet. I said that is fine. I will give them a call again next week.

In your experience, what is the reasonable time to expect from the dealer to inspect, take pictures and send work request authorization to THOR? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 4 weeks?

When I had warrantee repairs in 2016, I dropped my "new" rig off in June and got it back in September with half of the problems not repaired. 90% of the dealer service teams I have asked for support have failed miserably. I have weatherproofed the furnace control board, replaced the entry door lock after it failed in the latched position, Replaced the cheap 4 way freshwater control valve with the brass one, remounted the residential refrigerator and other issues myself. I don't see much evidence of competence or integrity in the RV repair industry. every time I have tried to get something repaired It is not done correctly.
This is more true with Thor than my other RVs. They seem to have made many bad decisions in component selections and implementation. Axxera, Schwintek and that lock manufacturer. The only really good things about my rig are the Freightliner chassis and the floor plan.
__________________
16Pal36.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:18 PM   #49
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 8,412
THOR #1469
Got a call from the dealer today. Parts are needed for 3 warranty items. These parts include new metal for the slide ramp, new drawers locks for the kitchen drawer, and a wiring harness for the passenger side camera.

The dealer estimates 4 to 12 weeks for all parts to come in so I am going to pick up the rig and take it back for the parts installation.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:36 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 5,027
THOR #13058
To OP

If it were me, I would make sure everything is documented and extra pictures taken of each defect and send to Thor. Ask them if they have a recommended dealer or they believe it should be returned to Indiana.

In the meantime, I would speak with the Service Manger at local Dealer and just ask him straight up what can they commit to do. You should be able to detect if they plan to take of the problem with competence. Go with your instinct.

Also, don't you have a Forever Warranty? I wonder if through some loophole once Nov passes items not fixed are not covered because they failed during Mfg warrany and you did not get fixed?

Also #2, calculate the cost to drive to Wakrusa (sp) you may have some leverage there to tip the Service Guy or buy something that may make the other work worthwhile.
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:19 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 131
THOR #19565
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Maybe just me but I won't leave my RV at a dealer parked in the back until they get "round 2 it". I tell them I'm bringing it in for inspection so they can determine what parts are needed, I'll take it home, and when the parts come in, return to get them installed. So far I haven't had any game stopping failures that I can't take it back home. In today's environment with oodles of RVs needing repairs of some sort, I can't imagine any dealer wanting a back lot of RVs waiting on parts. Anyone can post any sign they want, but when they take possession they have a responsibility to exercise due caution and protect that property. Just like the dump truck that has a sign denying any responsibility for broken windshields from rocks falling off their truck. If they improperly loaded the truck and caused damages, they ARE responsible. That little sign is just to scare someone from complaining.



Generally speaking when a dealer is taking in an RV for work, they will note any scratch, damage, etc on a sheet and you will sign that. It they broke the windshield, they and their insurance, are responsible.


I feel the same way. They want you to drop it off and keep it for months... mine is garage kept and I hate the thought of it just baking in the sun. I also bot the thing to travel and not having it sit around in the sun!
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:40 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
Posts: 2,189
THOR #13362
They treat it like a computer repair shop
If itís not lined up on the bench, then it wonít be serviced
__________________
'17 Vegas 24.1
Fallbrook, CA
taylorbob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2