Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2021, 12:11 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
What is this in the front storage bay?

Vegas 2020 25.6. Front compartment under drivers seat.

What is this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210812_180346.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	32778  

Old 08-13-2021, 12:16 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Mine has a slide controller there. Is a 2016 and does not look exactly same. I keep piece of foam in front of ot bevause I carry stuff in there. Do not want yhings to bang shainst it.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:21 AM   #3

THOR #20220
My slide Controller is in middle bay
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:25 AM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
What's under the cover?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:08 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Front outside compartment on Axis/Vegas units has typically held a fuse box along with the battery isolation relay (on older ones you'll find an RV custom products board there).

On newer ones I'm not sure: Is the BIM there?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:24 AM   #6

THOR #20220
I need to open it
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:30 AM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
That is definitely a black plastic box with a green connector on top... anyone can see that!
Old 08-13-2021, 01:46 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Flux capacitor ?
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 02:03 AM   #9

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
My bad, I have a 24.1. Has slide controller black/white box in that location. Rarely open it.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:29 PM   #10

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
Flux capacitor ?
We're telling our age for sure...that was my first immediate response so I scrolled down to see if anyone else called it (Bob) and BAM...you nailed it!
Old 08-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Vegas 2020 25.6. Front compartment under drivers seat.

What is this?
That is a fuse box.

Go to the 24 minute mark.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #12

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
That is a fuse box.

Go to the 24 minute mark.
Great
Old 08-25-2021, 12:23 AM   #13

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
For kicks I watched the 1st half of that Axis / Vegas video. It reminded me of my days when I was desperately shopping around. Few things of note, we never looked at the Axis Vegas and Option. Not sure why not, may have been related to the bed and the fact that outdoor TV / Kitchen was essential to us because I like to tailgate. Well I use too before covid

Anyway; things that I noted from 1st 25 minutes.

1. I remember the Thor Representative, on the ACE & Windsport/Hurricanes models
2. I never knew the Thor motor coaches house batteries were destined to drain down dead by design. He made that clear. I read that problem a lot, but always thought it was due to improper use, bad batteries or maybe owner added some mod that drained the batteries. Being a boat owner, dead batteries is the worst thing I can imagine for a recreational anything.
3. The awning is manual. So is mine. I thought I read someplace where some was saying you push a button and it goes out automatically and stop? Anyway, I think the manual buttons are a plus.
4. Why is there only 1 set of vents behind the fridge? I assumed it was always two sets of vents one near top and the other underneath it?
5. Does anyone like the electrical receptacle being outside the coach? Seems easy for someone to walk up and unplug or plug something end for free energy.
6. Why is their a gravity fill and a city fill ?
7. The Grill that comes with the coach, looks like the exact same one that came with mine. I didn't see a Grill with any Thor we were looking at?
8. Did anyone notice when the guy was going to dump the tanks, he put on some black gloves, but during the connection & disconnection you could see hands with Yellow gloves, and then with no gloves and it kept switching back and forth. It was hilarious as the hands were constantly changing.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:45 AM   #14
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
4. Why is there only 1 set of vents behind the fridge? I assumed it was always two sets of vents one near top and the other underneath it?
5. Does anyone like the electrical receptacle being outside the coach? Seems easy for someone to walk up and unplug or plug something end for free energy.
4 - The only time you should see the upper vent on the side of an RV is if there is no path to a roof vent - as in the fridge is in the slide.
5 - Every RV I have ever owned has had an electrical outlet on an outside wall on the passenger side. Where else would you plug in a fan, an electric griddle for breakfast, or (in the old days) a boombox?
Old 08-25-2021, 02:20 AM   #15

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
4 - The only time you should see the upper vent on the side of an RV is if there is no path to a roof vent - as in the fridge is in the slide.

Yes sir my fridge is in the Slide

5 - Every RV I have ever owned has had an electrical outlet on an outside wall on the passenger side. Where else would you plug in a fan, an electric griddle for breakfast, or (in the old days) a boombox?
Gosh out of hundreds of pictures I have taken of my RV, this is one thing I don't have a picture of ; but on my passenger side, there is large hatch door that when you open you can see the Inverter which has one available 110 receptacle and over to the right inside same compartment is another duplex 110 receptacle. On the floor of same compartment there is a slide plate that when opened; you run the electrical cords through it and close it back up to seal cord or when cords are removed. Since it is inside, it never gets wet or not easy for theft if the compartment hatch door is locked which we usually keep everything locked.

Later I may have to watch the rest of video to see the inside. It was video like that that we saw of our coach before we bought that really sold us on model. They all do very good jobs putting them together.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote