Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
What If?

I was sitting here wondering what the cost would be for Thor if they;

1. Included every installation and user manual that comes with the equipment they install. Example Axxera said they ship a manual and remote with every radio. Onan sez a manual is sent with every Generator. Etc.

2. Thor's website would have a Support section, where we could get wiring schematics and build sheets without pleading with the Thor Support guy.

3. Final Quality control check that accessories are present before leaving the factory.

4. Final front end alignment of vehicle after adding the body.

I have owned other rigs, Forest River for example where there was a check list form that not only showed the manuals, accessories, keys, etc. were present but the serial numbers of every unit installed.

Yup.....just wondering What If?

Old 09-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkyte@msn.com View Post
I was sitting here wondering what the cost would be for Thor if they;

1. Included every installation and user manual that comes with the equipment they install. Example Axxera said they ship a manual and remote with every radio. Onan sez a manual is sent with every Generator. Etc.

2. Thor's website would have a Support section, where we could get wiring schematics and build sheets without pleading with the Thor Support guy.

3. Final Quality control check that accessories are present before leaving the factory.

4. Final front end alignment of vehicle after adding the body.

I have owned other rigs, Forest River for example where there was a check list form that not only showed the manuals, accessories, keys, etc. were present but the serial numbers of every unit installed.

Yup.....just wondering What If?
Our unit came with a list of all the items installed and their serial numbers; it was taped to the inside closet door.

All your other items are pretty simple and wouldn't be that much of a cost increase to Thor (other than the fact that the QC would find a bunch of stuff). The problem is that they would slow down the train pushing units out the door.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree: Thor is too busy building them; to give consideration to any other possibilities.

However; all of the stuff that you're looking for, is actually pretty easy to track down on your own...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #4

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
yes Bob, I have tracked all the manuals down through various sites. But when the manufacture supplies them, why not pass them through. Researching via the computer might be fun and easy for you, but I really have better things to do with my time.

Tom
Old 09-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We all do; of course!
To me: it wasn't a deal-breaker, and it has given me a chance to learn more about what's going on around me.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote