Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2021, 02:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #22859
Help me understand my fuse box

Hello All - I’m wondering if anybody can help me understand this fuse box? There are clearly 11 spots for fuses, but only 10 fuses listed on the label. I don’t know what the two open spots are for. This is on a 2019 Thor Hurricane 29M model.

If I just follow the fuses from the top of the list, things kind of make sense - except there is a smaller fuse for the cargo lights (which might be OK). I do have a macerator for my outdoor kitchen, and that works so I know it is getting power. To my knowledge, there is nothing that is not working, so I’m assuming the open spots are for features my rig doesn’t have, but I still don’t know how to align the fuses to the label.

Plus, what are the two 40 amp fuses off to the left?

Any clues would be helpful.
TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4452.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	29587  

Old 04-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Are you the original owner? If so it looks like they slapped the wrong label on the power center. Besides the 11 fuse/10 spot discrepancy and the 5 vs 15 amp fuse in the 4th position there are other dicrepancies as well such as a 15 amp self resetting breaker labeled for the 5th slot but a 20 amp fuse in that position.

I would not trust the label and verify the purpose of each fuse myself BEFORE you have an electrical issue (too late?).

The two 40 amp fuses are your reverse polarity fuses between the power center/converter and the house battery bank.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #3

THOR #22859
No, I am not the original owner - a couple had it new and sold it after one or two trips. Then a broker got it and I bought from the broker.

I guess I will have to start pulling fuses and see what works/doesn’t work.

Thanks for the info on the 40 amp fuses
Old 04-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I think those are Thor labels. Looks almost identical to the power distirbution center that was on my old 2018 Outlaw 29H and I was the original owner of that coach and I had identical labeling.

First... the two 40A fuses to the left are the Reverse Polarity Fuses for the WFCO Converter built into your panel. If you accidentally swap your house battery cables, these fuses blow to protect the Converter.

Now my guess is that the previous owner swapped out fuses for some reason. You can go here to setup an account to get all of the documents for your coach, including the schematics that can very fuse locations and amperage.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/

It is common that some of the fuse holders are not used on every cooach because of different options. My guess is you don't have tank heaters or a mascerator so that is why those fuse holders are empty.

The 5th fuse is supposed to be a resettable circuit breaker fuse. Normally they use those for CO and Propane Detectors so I am not sure what "appliances" are on that circuit.

It is likely the previous owner mistakenly swapped fuses 4 and 7.

I would get the schematics and then pull each fuse to determine if the label is correct with the circuit it is protecting based on what goes out when you pull the fuse.
Old 04-04-2021, 03:28 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave154304 View Post
No, I am not the original owner - a couple had it new and sold it after one or two trips. Then a broker got it and I bought from the broker.

I guess I will have to start pulling fuses and see what works/doesn’t work.

Thanks for the info on the 40 amp fuses
No, first go to the Thor owner resource center, register and then download the electrical diagrams for you coach. The 12vdc diagram will tell you which fuse goes to what.

Enjoy.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:20 PM   #6

THOR #22859
I didn’t know about the Thor owners group. I will do that first. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #7

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
Go here and register, then login for access. https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-login/
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:15 PM   #8

THOR #22859
I registered an account at the Thor website and downloaded the schematic for my rig.

I’m an Engineer by day, so this info is right up my alley. According to the schematic, the fuses are the right size, and in the right positions. The label that was applied is incorrect.

Thanks for the help everybody!