Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2022, 11:02 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Kieffer View Post
Interesting that the Service Advisor said there were no wheel bearings to be serviced on my Class C Thor Quantum just Travel Trailers. I'll check my Ford Manual befor I call her back with my findings. Thanx
Would this be an RV Service Advisor? Or a Ford Service Advisor? Why even ask an RV Service Advisor about anything on the chassis of a motorhome.?

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:48 PM   #22

State: California
THOR #6598
Service Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Would this be an RV Service Advisor? Or a Ford Service Advisor? Why even ask an RV Service Advisor about anything on the chassis of a motorhome.?
Service Advisor checked me in, I realize she's not a Service Tech that's why I qestioned the Wheel Bearing Service, I called Thor and fond ot I have rear bearings that do need serviced on my Thor Class C Qantm PD31.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:05 AM   #23
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Service Advisor checked me in, I realize she's not a Service Tech that's why I qestioned the Wheel Bearing Service, I called Thor and fond ot I have rear bearings that do need serviced on my Thor Class C Qantm PD31.
But you also have front wheels. And we still don't know where this "Service Manager" works.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #24

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
What type service besides checking differential oil, are they performing?
Old 09-16-2022, 11:00 AM   #25

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Unless you have a 4 WD chassis, yours has rear axle bearings that are lubed internally via the gear oil in the rear end. these are sealed. They don’t need repacked. Your front wheels have both inner and outer wheel bearings that hold the rotor onto the spindle. These bearings mount into the inner and outer center holes of the rotor. They travel round and round on a race. When replacing a rotor one should always replace the races, inner and outer along with the new wheel bearings. A new bearing should never be used with a used race and vice versa. A race is pressed in. The bearing is easy to remove to repack. The race is not. Also any time a bearing is removed from the rotor to repack, the seal is removed also. A new seal should always be used. How would you know these parts were replaced? Ask to see the old parts. It’s your right by law to ask to see the old parts.

I don’t know what was done during your brake job, but something was done terribly wrong.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:43 AM   #26

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Nevada
THOR #27334
^ What they said.. Time to find a new shop...
widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:32 PM   #27
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Unless you have a 4 WD chassis, yours has rear axle bearings that are lubed internally via the gear oil in the rear end. these are sealed. They don’t need repacked. Your front wheels have both inner and outer wheel bearings that hold the rotor onto the spindle. These bearings mount into the inner and outer center holes of the rotor. They travel round and round on a race. When replacing a rotor one should always replace the races, inner and outer along with the new wheel bearings. A new bearing should never be used with a used race and vice versa. A race is pressed in. The bearing is easy to remove to repack. The race is not. Also any time a bearing is removed from the rotor to repack, the seal is removed also. A new seal should always be used. How would you know these parts were replaced? Ask to see the old parts. It’s your right by law to ask to see the old parts.

I don’t know what was done during your brake job, but something was done terribly wrong.

The person asking about wheel bearings is not the OP and is not involved with a brake job AFAIK.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:41 PM   #28

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
The person asking about wheel bearings is not the OP and is not involved with a brake job AFAIK.
I was addressing the OP about blown seals. As well as the person asking about wheel bearings.