Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2019, 04:44 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I have a 2015 Vegas (original poster did not specify what model Thor he has). Had this happen to me about 4 times over the past 4 years on my Vegas. As JamieGeek pointed out it is the check valve that is INSIDE the pump. Just turn off city water. Run pump for a few minutes. Then turn city water back on. You an also drain the water that filled your tank out the fresh water tank low point drain.

If you have a different model it might be something else causing problem.

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #22
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Drone View Post
Which side of the water pump did you install the external check valve? Input side or output side?

You add it to the input (suction side). You can also get a check valve replacement for your water pump, but it takes time to order and get. Thus the adding of an external one. Depending on your setup, a press-on Sharkbite check valve would be an easy fix.

For the other post, I did not take any pictures. I cut the line and inserted the check valve. That easy. Make sure that the check valve is in the proper flow directions. They are marked with an arrow for the direction of flow.
Old 12-29-2019, 06:09 PM   #23

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
This has happened a couple of time on my Hurricane. When it does, I turn off the city water, clean the screen in the sight glass at the pump and use the water in the tank for a while. This has always worked for me. I believe 'debris' gets into the pump and it gets the valve to stick open. Both times it happened there was some plastic bits in the screen.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:34 AM   #24

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by j37genie View Post
It takes a 1/2 inch ball valve. You can pick up one at Home Depot for around 8 bucks. Also pick up a couple of clamps. Determine which water line coming out of the water switch feeds the FW tank. Cut the line, and install the ball valve using the clamps. When installing, make sure the valve is positioned so you can easily operate the valve.
So basically, just adding a cutoff valve between the wet bay and the FW tank? The Kantleak is supposed to do that when you switch it to “city fixtures,” but from what I’ve been reading and learned from hands on, Kantleak is a POS...
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:19 AM   #25

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #2917
Had this problem in our 2016 Chateau 31L. Cleaned the filter, removed and cleaned an inline valve, ran the pump and reconnected. Nothing fixed the issue. I put a pressure regulator at the faucet before the filter and hose and adjusted it to 40psi. This low pressure kept the fresh water tank from filling up. This was a temporary fix. Took the rig to the dealer. They replaced the water pump and this apears to have solved the problem. I am using the pressure regulator now all of the time. Keeping the water pressure at 50psi. Second time out since the pump was replaced so far no more issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyMark View Post
We are wintertime full timers, and we have a new problem while on city water. it's started to also fill our water tank. We noticed this when we saw water overflowing onto the ground below the motor home.
dlbeck27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:28 AM   #26

THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyMark View Post
We are wintertime full timers, and we have a new problem while on city water. it's started to also fill our water tank. We noticed this when we saw water overflowing onto the ground below the motor home.
Another thing to be careful about is if you have an Anderson Valve is to make sure you are NOT on City pressure when you operate the selector dial. This is because under pressure the O-rings inside the valve can roll out of their seats causing malfunctioning such as you describe.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:04 AM   #27

THOR #17154
I ordered a replacement WH upper housing and valve replacement from Amazon. About $40. Fixed it. When we opened the pump, there was all kinds of crap inside. Somehow it got past the filter.
Good Sam member
FMCA member
Old 01-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #28

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Virginia
THOR #2869
Does anyone have an issue with overfilling freshwater tank causing it to drain until empty? If so, is there a way to stop it before it completely empties?
Old 01-06-2020, 11:00 PM   #29

THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceRV View Post
Does anyone have an issue with overfilling freshwater tank causing it to drain until empty? If so, is there a way to stop it before it completely empties?
What?🤔
How can overfilling the fresh water tank cause it to drain until empty? The overflow is at the top of the tank and water only comes out to prevent overfilling. The drain is at the bottom the tank and you have to physically open it in order to drain the tank.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #30

THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceRV View Post
More details or specifics would help. Your question doesn't make sense as written.
Good Sam member
FMCA member