Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
Posts: 25
THOR #23111
Where to purchase exterior basement door 2016 Siesta 24SR?

DW & I purchased a 2016 Siesta 24SR from my parents a few weeks ago. They hadn't been driving it the past couple of years, and they had backed it into a ditch the last time they used it.

We want to repair the damage. The right rear basement panel and door structure is bent.

Where is a good place to purchase this door from?

I emailed Thor, but their reply was to contact Holiday World or Camping World, but I've never had good luck with special ordering non stocked items from either of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210404_193808.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	29896   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210404_194543.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	29897  


__________________
SMSgt, USAF Retired
2001 Tiffin Allegro Bay 36DB
2016 Thor Siesta 24SR
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:54 PM   #2
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 7,537
THOR #7035
Unfortunately, Thor doesn't sell direct so you have to order parts from a dealer.

A lot of people have had good success using Total Value RV in Elkhart, Indiana to ship them parts, but they were recently purchased by LazyDays and I don't know how that has changed their response to requests for nation wide shipping. But you can try them.

https://www.lazydays.com/locations/i...cid=33-0257-09
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
Posts: 25
THOR #23111
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Unfortunately, Thor doesn't sell direct so you have to order parts from a dealer.

A lot of people have had good success using Total Value RV in Elkhart, Indiana to ship them parts, but they were recently purchased by LazyDays and I don't know how that has changed their response to requests for nation wide shipping. But you can try them.

https://www.lazydays.com/locations/i...cid=33-0257-09
Thank you, I'll contact them today.
__________________
SMSgt, USAF Retired
2001 Tiffin Allegro Bay 36DB
2016 Thor Siesta 24SR
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 165
THOR #20808
I went through this several years back.

The door manufacturers that supply the assembly houses change regularly. The doors are typically made to order for each model. NOT painted. Older models no way you get a door made from scratch.

The assembly houses paint the units and this includes the doors at time of assembly. Paint changes year to year as does decals.

Parts after market.... no paint. And maybe no doors.

After trying several different avenues in getting a bent door as replacement that would not come painted anyhow, I took it to a body shop that does RV work. He disassembled the door, replaced the outside aluminum skin and several interior angles, finished and filled and then painted it to match. Had some other scratches and a bit of flaking of the clear coat elsewhere so it did cost about $1K altogether but it looked like new.
__________________
pneumatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 3,104
THOR #6411
I am not sure in which plant your coach was manufactured (probably 250), so this may not apply. For plant 750 the basement doors are cut from the same lower wall that is mounted to the coach. This is done on a CNC router table on the factory floor. The doors are have the aluminum edging and the attaching hardware applied and are reassembled on the lower wall side before installing on the coach.

I had three doors including the large rear door under the bedroom slide replaced after a side swipe accident. Thor Plant 750 was able to supply the three doors in about a week after they were ordered by Iron Horse RV; who, by the way, is not an RV dealer of any kind. Plant 850 uses basement doors made off site since the doors have bonded aluminum surfaces and the plant does not have that capability. Your doors appear to be of the type that plant 850 uses.
__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:50 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
Posts: 25
THOR #23111
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatics View Post
I went through this several years back.

The door manufacturers that supply the assembly houses change regularly. The doors are typically made to order for each model. NOT painted. Older models no way you get a door made from scratch.

The assembly houses paint the units and this includes the doors at time of assembly. Paint changes year to year as does decals.

Parts after market.... no paint. And maybe no doors.

After trying several different avenues in getting a bent door as replacement that would not come painted anyhow, I took it to a body shop that does RV work. He disassembled the door, replaced the outside aluminum skin and several interior angles, finished and filled and then painted it to match. Had some other scratches and a bit of flaking of the clear coat elsewhere so it did cost about $1K altogether but it looked like new.
I will go the route of a body shop if unable to procure a door.

Called Lazy Days Elkhart, Indiana yesterday afternoon and left a message. A few minutes later someone returned my call, asked for measurements, and then sent a text for me to reply to with the measurements. I replied to the text with measurements and pictures. Guess I'll find out this week if they can get one.
__________________
SMSgt, USAF Retired
2001 Tiffin Allegro Bay 36DB
2016 Thor Siesta 24SR
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:13 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
Posts: 25
THOR #23111
Danielle at Elkhart Lazy Days informed me the door is p/n 0358841, $900.62 plus shipping, and will take 6 - 18 weeks for delivery.
__________________
SMSgt, USAF Retired
2001 Tiffin Allegro Bay 36DB
2016 Thor Siesta 24SR
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:57 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 165
THOR #20808
Nice they can still get them. Is that the painted price?

Good luck.
__________________
pneumatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:55 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
Posts: 25
THOR #23111
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatics View Post
Nice they can still get them. Is that the painted price?

Good luck.
Unpainted, so I'll have to have it painted or paint it myself (have auto body paint experience).
__________________
SMSgt, USAF Retired
2001 Tiffin Allegro Bay 36DB
2016 Thor Siesta 24SR
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 4,196
THOR #6826
I lost the fridge cover/ vent on the road last summer. Replacement was only about $30 but it cost me over $500 to get it painted with three colors to match. Argh! Still, if I was in your position I might grab the door, get it painted and be happy about it.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
Posts: 25
THOR #23111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I lost the fridge cover/ vent on the road last summer. Replacement was only about $30 but it cost me over $500 to get it painted with three colors to match. Argh! Still, if I was in your position I might grab the door, get it painted and be happy about it.
It would save a lot of time and hassle.
__________________
SMSgt, USAF Retired
2001 Tiffin Allegro Bay 36DB
2016 Thor Siesta 24SR
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2