Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
Where to purchase Thor decals?

I've got a couple decals on my MH that the sun has cracked and faded. I thought that I had saw a thread on where to purchase these decals but I can't find it now.

I'd like to replace the two decals that the sun has faded and cracked. One is on the door and very noticeable.

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement decals?

MH is a 2017 Thor A.C.E 27.2

Old 03-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I've got a couple decals on my MH that the sun has cracked and faded. I thought that I had saw a thread on where to purchase these decals but I can't find it now.

I'd like to replace the two decals that the sun has faded and cracked. One is on the door and very noticeable.

Your RV dealer can order them from Thor Motor Coach. I would you call Thor MC Customer Care and get the part numbers first so your dealer doesn't order the wrong part. Thor MC may no longer stock those parts. Be advised that the the decals are very expensive. My insurance company bought one for the rear of my coach and the cost was $125 plus shipping An alternate source would be a auto shop that "wraps car and trucks".
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:08 PM   #3

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
Most sign and letter companies can replicate what you need.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Thor would be the first place to look; followed closely by a quality vinyl graphic shop.
None of them will be cheap; but you will be getting what you pay for.
Good luck, and Happy hunting!
Old 03-23-2020, 03:36 AM   #5

THOR #17883
Thanks folks. I sent an email to Thor through their website. I'll see what happens.
If I'm not happy. I'll peel the one on the door off. I doubt anyone would notice if it was missing. But it is an eyesore that is noticed while there.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #9420
I've tried calling Thor customer service for decals and other external body parts and were directed to call Total Value RV 1-866-282-4460. I've ordered decals from them, just have your vin number ready. Good luck
Old 03-23-2020, 06:47 PM   #7

THOR #17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucas6299 View Post
I've tried calling Thor customer service for decals and other external body parts and were directed to call Total Value RV 1-866-282-4460. I've ordered decals from them, just have your vin number ready. Good luck
Thank you for the information.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #8

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:

Thor parts are expensive. You might think about taking all the decals off, cleaning up the sides and putting some after market decals, lots of dealers out there online that are not identical to the originals.
Also and this is important....check out you tube for painting old decals to see how some users have taken old and cracked, faded decals and after doing some prep work, paint over them and look good....you tube....restoring or repainting rv decals....check these all out before you take the plung
e.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #9

Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
You might try " DiscountedDecals.com, not sure they will do graphics that big but you might give them a try, I had some of the decals on the side of my Mercury outboard that pealed and I was able to get them for half the cost of Mercury.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:34 PM   #10

Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
Decals From Thor

In response to your 2017 with faded decals, I would immediately order the replacements from Thor. Thor only goes back 3 years with their decal stock. I had a 2014 Thor Freedom Elite with the beige overall color scheme and deluxe graphic package not my choice. After being sideswiped by a city bus we could not get replacement decals in the fall of 2019. The problem with my motorhome was Thor went with really gaudy 5 and 6 color multicolor fades (an artist's term rather than degraded), and swoops and swooshes with reflective sparkles in them. I went to a number of decal and art shops in a large city of 600,000 and no one could match the stuff on that rig. They could cut shapes but no one had a clue what to do. It would have been cheaper to strip all the decals from the rig and start over with the latest and greatest. I sold the rig as is and took the insurance payout.

When I bought my 2020 Thor last month I deliberately went with a plain white rig, with the simplest decal package I could find. (Thor Daybreak 22 GO).

So if you want replacements, go to the local Thor dealer and order them immediately before they go NLA (no longer available!)

Happy Camping and Stay Healthy Folks!

Rocky
Rocky49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:37 AM   #11

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #17950
I called Thor and got a printout of all the decals and part numbers. I only wanted to replace 5 of the worst with cracks and my local dealer got the prices. Over $1100 plus tax and shipping! I am trying to get a local company to make something.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:49 AM   #12

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Wish I could sell you mine �� they can advertise on their own. ��
Old 03-30-2020, 02:41 AM   #13

THOR #17883
I'll check into some of the suggestions you folks made. A graphics shop might be the ticket. Or, I'll just peel the one on the door off. It would be less noticeable if it were gone.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:25 PM   #14

Model: Hurricane
State: British Columbia
THOR #23761
Thor Hurricane swoosh decals

My 2006 Thor Hurricane swoosh decals were in very bad shape, I couldn't find any place to buy new ones so I had a graphic designer make a file based on side shots that I gave her. She was able to make a vector file that my local sign shop could use to cut new decals. I youtubed how to apply them and did it myself. I have attached a couple pictures of the result. I would sell copies of the file for $50 to try to recover some of the cost to get them produced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006Decals1.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	33919   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006Decals2.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	33920  

Old 02-15-2022, 05:53 PM   #15

State: New Hampshire
THOR #22969
Fixing cracked and faded Decals

DIY - Takes time and effort but RV Street gives you everything you need to know:
Old 02-15-2022, 10:59 PM   #16

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:

It cost me 200 for one decal with installation
Old 05-30-2022, 02:57 PM   #17

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
i replaced a section with 3M graphics material.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-05-30_10-54-11.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	37758  
Old 05-30-2022, 07:00 PM   #18

State: California
THOR #26998
Hello , I am new here. I too would like to replace some cracked decals as well. Where did you get the 3M decals? Also I have 29.2 2014 and all my leather seats are cracking and flaking? I cleaned with quality leather spray? I read somewhere to contact Villa International to see about getting fixed? Does anyone have their information or other information I can use. I don't really think all my seats should be cracking at this stage?
Thanks,
Rob
Old 05-30-2022, 07:34 PM   #19

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
I used the Cricut 3M material from Michaels, but found it at Walmart as well. Not sure where to find vinyl for seats. I have much appreciation for the folks at THOR that apply these decals. Not as easy as it looks. Look at about 7:09 min into THOR factory tour below.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-05-30_15-32-39.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	37774  
Old 05-30-2022, 07:44 PM   #20

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmalone View Post
Hello , I am new here. I too would like to replace some cracked decals as well. Where did you get the 3M decals? Also I have 29.2 2014 and all my leather seats are cracking and flaking? I cleaned with quality leather spray? I read somewhere to contact Villa International to see about getting fixed? Does anyone have their information or other information I can use. I don't really think all my seats should be cracking at this stage?
Thanks,
Rob
Theo MC only maintains a stock of decals for 2 to 3 years. If you need to contact a graphic design place and cut new decals. The people who install window tinting and vehicle wraps can point you the right direction.

Most of the furniture has a 90 day or one year warranty from the importer. Thor MC has never has a component warranty but states to contact the individual component manufacturer or component importer for restitution. Vulla International has its own website <http://www.villainternational.com/>

Seats coverings of pieced leather fail in on or two years after manufacture depending on use and body oils.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote