Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2020, 11:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Ohio
THOR #16882
Whirlpool frig just died

Arrived back to the Motorhomes and started fixing dinner. The light indicators on the front panel were normal then all went dead. Pushed the on/off button and now all lights come on then off when released. Cannot get it to do anything but lighting all the lights. Tried unplugging for a while to see if it may reset it but that did no good. Anyone have experienced such a failure??
Thanks
RonK

Old 02-11-2020, 03:15 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
I have no answers as we have an RV fridge. Thought I’d bump your post and see if you can get a response
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:30 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
I have no answers as we have an RV fridge. Thought I’d pump your post and see if you can get a response
"bump"

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=rv+whirlpool+f...roubleshooting
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:07 PM   #4

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Arrived back to the Motorhomes and started fixing dinner. The light indicators on the front panel were normal then all went dead. Pushed the on/off button and now all lights come on then off when released. Cannot get it to do anything but lighting all the lights. Tried unplugging for a while to see if it may reset it but that did no good. Anyone have experienced such a failure??
Thanks
RonK
Did you check the power at the plug?
Old 02-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #5

Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Ohio
THOR #16882
Probable cause....

Yesterday morning when we left it was beautiful and very comfortable out. Never giving it a thought that with a forecast of sunny and 86 out what the temperature in the motorhome would be when we got back just before dinner. Trust me, it was hot, hot, hot when we returned and the temp inside was 103!
Of course we immediately turned on the air, opened the frig to start dinner and the startup of the compressor put the frig over the top and things went off from there. Of course we were working thru the scenarios of what are we going to do with all the frozen food, etc. I unplugged the frig and left it off for about an hour, by then it was back to comfortable temps in the motorhome and I plugged it back in to no avail. As we were watching TV and hoping the frozen food would last until morning we noticed it came back on and has run OK all nite. Obviously the circuits Whirlpool designed for the operation are not temp compensated or we have a component in the circuits not happy at elevated temperatures! Bottom line is we're never going to leave with no air running and highs in the 80s!
Thanks for any responses
RonK