Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2022, 03:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
The MagSV34 is getting "Vroomed" today!

Dropped it off this morning at 7am, Joey was super friendly, polite and thorough in explaining the process. I'm so looking forward to having this done and getting my slide confidence back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vroom1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	38138   Click image for larger version

Name:	vroom2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	38139  

Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:01 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:42 PM   #3

Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
THOR #22917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottosails View Post
Dropped it off this morning at 7am, Joey was super friendly, polite and thorough in explaining the process. I'm so looking forward to having this done and getting my slide confidence back.

Awesome, do you just have a single large slide? Can you provide a ballpark $ range?
Old 06-15-2022, 05:12 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The MagSV34 is getting "Vroomed" today!

Congrats!

Joey was great! Very nice guy and his workmanship was very good. He did a great job showing me all of the parts and the design.

I also gave him two extra slide motors to retrofit so I had spares and he fully tested them to make sure there were no issues.

I have cameras in the coach and saw him cleaning up after his work so he left the coach was like he found it.

It was a great experience working with Vroom. If only all RV service experiences could be this way!

As far as confidence in the slide….. it’s the most confidence I’ve ever had in a slide. When I have my SV34 parked in its garage, i would have to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the storage bins when the slide was extended because I didn’t want to waste a duty cycle putting it in. Now I just retract the slide, get what I need and then extend it again. It moves so much more smoothly and quietly compared to what I was used to with a slide.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:37 PM   #5

THOR #24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmac450 View Post
Awesome, do you just have a single large slide? Can you provide a ballpark $ range?
In the $3,000ish range - Yes, full slide.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:45 AM   #6

THOR #24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Congrats!

Joey was great! Very nice guy and his workmanship was very good. He did a great job showing me all of the parts and the design.

I also gave him two extra slide motors to retrofit so I had spares and he fully tested them to make sure there were no issues.

I have cameras in the coach and saw him cleaning up after his work so he left the coach was like he found it.

It was a great experience working with Vroom. If only all RV service experiences could be this way!

As far as confidence in the slide….. it’s the most confidence I’ve ever had in a slide. When I have my SV34 parked in its garage, i would have to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the storage bins when the slide was extended because I didn’t want to waste a duty cycle putting it in. Now I just retract the slide, get what I need and then extend it again. It moves so much more smoothly and quietly compared to what I was used to with a slide.
Agreed Judge - Joey and crew were very professional, polite, neat and clean. Joey runs a tight shop and has the respect of his team. I’m in the car business and I would relate the service level at Vroom to a Lexus/Cadillac/Mercedes dealer service experience. They want to be sure you are satisfied with not only their product but their service as well. The Vroom team is amazing, it was a pleasure dealing with everyone from the front office to the guys in the shop.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:49 AM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Utah
THOR #19910
Quote:
Good to hear about your experience! Judge's writeup, along with a failed motor and continuing slideout jnkiness convinced me to take the plunge.

I have an appointment for November 15 to have Maggie's big slide done. And that appointment was made in May!
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi (TOAD!)
2013 Harley FLHCUI
Greybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #8

THOR #24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybear View Post
Good to hear about your experience! Judge's writeup, along with a failed motor and continuing slideout jnkiness convinced me to take the plunge.

I have an appointment for November 15 to have Maggie's big slide done. And that appointment was made in May!
You will not be disappointed. Vroom is now booked out past April 2023. They have broken ground on a new dedicated Vroom Slide facility so I’m guessing once that is operational they will be able to catch up to the demand. Vroom has been retrofitting many Tiffins, Thor Mag/Omni’s, Thor A’s, Grand Designs and other 5th wheels as well.

Vroom also addresses the poor seals from the factory and adds wider wipe seals that actually wipe…. My rear seal from the factory barely made contact with the slide and had gaps.

If you need a recommendation on a place to stay while your coach is at Vroom I can highly recommend the Hacienda Del Sol in the foothills of the Catalina Mountains about 15 minutes away from Vroom. As soon as I pulled in they directed me to a great safe spot to park the rig and met me with a golf cart to gather our luggage and bring us to check-in. Blanco is 2 miles from Hacienda Del Sol and has fantastic Mex food and Margarita’s!
Old 06-16-2022, 03:19 PM   #9

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Congrats!

Hilarious but so true...I haven't has any slide issues yet but every time I extend or retract them I feel a few months of my life pass before me. Once they're in or out you do a "hell yes" fist in the air and get this feeling of entering Heaven's Gates. It's the only component of the coach that does this to me. The thoughts of a black tank valve bursting in the middle of a dump session can't even hold a candle to this!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:00 PM   #10

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Hilarious but so true...I haven't has any slide issues yet but every time I extend or retract them I feel a few months of my life pass before me. Once they're in or out you do a "hell yes" fist in the air and get this feeling of entering Heaven's Gates. It's the only component of the coach that does this to me. The thoughts of a black tank valve bursting in the middle of a dump session can't even hold a candle to this!
Gritz..... you made me pee myself laughing so hard reading this!

I went through a similar slide ritual before Vroom....I used to close one eye, put my knees together and put my free hand over my groin every time I extended or retracted the slide. Then if there were no issues I would high-five the wife and say "now that's how we do that!"

People in the campgrounds didn't even think I was crazy when they watched me... especially if they had a full-wall slide.

After getting Vroom'ed.... it's kind of boring. Now it's more like hitting the button to put the driver's side window up and down.
Old 06-16-2022, 07:04 PM   #11

THOR #12751
Quote:
You will not be disappointed. Vroom is now booked out past April 2023. They have broken ground on a new dedicated Vroom Slide facility so I’m guessing once that is operational they will be able to catch up to the demand. Vroom has been retrofitting many Tiffins, Thor Mag/Omni’s, Thor A’s, Grand Designs and other 5th wheels as well.

Vroom also addresses the poor seals from the factory and adds wider wipe seals that actually wipe…. My rear seal from the factory barely made contact with the slide and had gaps.
Glad to hear he is opening his dedicated facility for the slide side of his business.

Last October I told Brian he looked land-locked at his plant and asked him if he planned to move it to another location or franchise it. He told me was working on getting a guy in Connecticut up and running but he had some land in the area and he planned to open a dedicated facility.

I'm glad to hear he is having such great success. He's a great guy and so is his crew and he has a great product!

The wipe seals he installed were also much better. They checked and adjusted the rollers, measured everything and shimmed to tight tolerances as necessary.

I would agree that dealing with Vroom is like dealing with a high-end luxury car dealer. Too bad the rest of the RV service industry didn't conduct business this way.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:17 PM   #12

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Quote:
I do this also! Small victories 1 at a time.
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:43 AM   #13

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Full wall slides were invented in Heaven. You're guaranteed to pray for mercy and give thanks twice every time you use it.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:57 AM   #14

THOR #12751
Quote:
Full wall slides were invented in Heaven. You're guaranteed to pray for mercy and give thanks twice every time you use it.
And when you get to the Pearly Gates and see the long line to get in... St Peter recognizes you were a full-wall slide guy and he waves you up to the front of the line and says....

"You already did your penance on earth.... no need to stand in line.....come right on in....."
Old 06-17-2022, 01:59 AM   #15
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
You forgot the “and it does not malfunction” at the end of your statement.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:15 PM   #16

THOR #10257
I got my Quantum KM24 VROOMed a few months ago and I couldn't be happier!