Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2020, 10:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor 29M Hurricane
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7934
Remote receiver location canopy issue

I have a Thor Hurricane 29M 2017. I had an issue with my canopy not operating intermittently. The switch would operate it and then not.The remote would act the same. I finally got a no continuity on the gray wire at the switch, and ran a new wire to the motor and the switch works in and out. but the remote doesn't work at all for the canopy. It works for the other items, just not the canopy. Could this be the remote receiver? And where is it located?

Old 07-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #2

Model: Thor 29M Hurricane
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7934
Any help on this issue?
Old 07-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCK52 View Post
I have a Thor Hurricane 29M 2017. I had an issue with my canopy not operating intermittently. The switch would operate it and then not.The remote would act the same. I finally got a no continuity on the gray wire at the switch, and ran a new wire to the motor and the switch works in and out. but the remote doesn't work at all for the canopy. It works for the other items, just not the canopy. Could this be the remote receiver? And where is it located?
The Rapid Camp (by LCI) circuit board is under the bed in the forward corner next to the Power Center. Thor will send you a circuit diagram on request. The CoC Latitude patio awning has two wires (red and black - 16 awg) that are powered directly from the power center via a 15 amp fuse. This allows the direct response module to auto retract the awning. There are five other wires in the harness: red and black 22 awg for the LEDs, gray, yellow and black which control the awning manually either by the rapid camp remote or the manual in-out momentary switch near the door. Yellow is the common and brown is the retract and gray is the extend. The Latitude patio awning service manual is available on the manufactures web site.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote