Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Lippert Leveler Erratic Operation

After starting the engine on our 2015 Windsport 27K I attempted to raise the levelers. When I pressed on the on/off button, nothing happened. I pressed it a few more times and still nothing. Eventually after pressing it more times, the control panel lit up. But when I pressed the "retract" button nothing happened. After turning the panel off it didn't turn back on until I pressed the button a few more times. Eventually the system worked and the levelers retracted. I moved the RV and then deployed the levelers. Then I tried to retract them and the same situation occurred. Eventually they retracted.

The RV has been connected to shore power for a week and the battery voltage is 13.5 when plugged in and 14.1 when the engine is running. The battery is in good condition.

Any suggestions where and what to check?

Old 10-15-2018, 01:40 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Reset the panel.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #3

THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Reset the panel.
If you mean press "enter" and "retract" at the same time, I did that and it didn't help. Is there another way to reset the panel?
Old 10-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Had the same issue with my 2015 27K that I just traded in Had a mobile tec come out who got on with Lippert tec support ended up replacing the communication cable from the control box to the key pad and the main control box which is located in the battery compartment top right hand side.

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #5

THOR #2817
That's not very encouraging, as we just left for an 800 mile trip. Sleeping in the RV with the slide out in (no levelers), is not good, particularly since I'm at least two inches longer than the bed.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
I hear ya mine happened at the first CG during a 9 week trip finally got it fixed at the 3rd CG I called ahead and explained the problem and the CGs were great to give me almost level spots. Also called ahead to the mobile tec at the 3rd CG as I was staying there for 2 weeks he came out the day after I arrived diagnosed the problem ordered parts was up and running in 3 days covered under my extended warranty minus my 100.00 deductible. If you have a volt meter Lippert support will walk you thru some quick test to try to narrow down the issue. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Reset the panel.
Depends on the system. Some reset by pressing all 4 arrow keys at the same time.

As long as you are relatively level you can put your slide out without deploying the levelers. We have the ACE version of your coach and do it all the time, especially in our driveway at home when loading or unloading the coach.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
LCI app

LCI has an App called mylciapp you can download it and it has a error fix post.
I tried the app and couldn't get it to work so I chatted with LCI and they gave me the cure in minutes for my error message." retract timed out"
In my case there wasn't a wiring problem
Old 10-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #9

THOR #2817
Quote:
Depends on the system. Some reset by pressing all 4 arrow keys at the same time.

As long as you are relatively level you can put your slide out without deploying the levelers. We have the ACE version of your coach and do it all the time, especially in our driveway at home when loading or unloading the coach.
We completed our trip yesterday and I was able to deploy the levelers at our winter home, but it took several stabs at the on/off switch and the leveler activation switch. I hope I can get them up again. I will give resetting by pushing the four arrow keys at the same time.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #10

Model: 29M Windsport
State: Georgia
THOR #12172
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
LCI has an App called mylciapp you can download it and it has a error fix post.
I tried the app and couldn't get it to work so I chatted with LCI and they gave me the cure in minutes for my error message." retract timed out"
In my case there wasn't a wiring problem
You got the help, so share it with us. There are a lot of us that have these retract problems. Thanks
Great Wife
Life is Good!
skiptut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #11

THOR #13360
The fix was to hit retract and enter at the same time. It cleared the error message and I was able to operate normally
Old 11-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #12

THOR #2817
Quote:
The fix was to hit retract and enter at the same time. It cleared the error message and I was able to operate normally
That has worked for me with the error message, but my most recent problem has been that they don't function at times. I haven't been in the RV for almost a month. I will check it out soon and post something if I learn anything.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #13

THOR #2817
I checked the sporadic operation of the leveling system today and indeed it is not working correctly. To get the system to respond, buttons on the pad must been held down for a long period of time or pressed several times, and often they don't work until I persist over and over again.

I called Lippert technical support and the tech told me that it was either the control pad or the control cable. But he suspects the pad. I ordered a new control pad for $245. Tax about $16, and shipping about $17. I think I've been ripped off, but what choice did I have?
Old 11-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #14

THOR #13360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
I checked the sporadic operation of the leveling system today and indeed it is not working correctly. To get the system to respond, buttons on the pad must been held down for a long period of time or pressed several times, and often they don't work until I persist over and over again.

I called Lippert technical support and the tech told me that it was either the control pad or the control cable. But he suspects the pad. I ordered a new control pad for $245. Tax about $16, and shipping about $17. I think I've been ripped off, but what choice did I have?
Of course they will( not) take it back if that doesn't fix it
Too bad you didn't have someone local to borrow the part
Old 11-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #15

THOR #2817
Quote:
Of course they will( not) take it back if that doesn't fix it
Too bad you didn't have someone local to borrow the part
Yes, having one to test would be good.

A boat is a fiberglass hole in the water in which to pour money. A motor home is a......? Nevertheless, our big boy toys can be expensive.