Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #21
DNS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Ohio
THOR #2222
Ours was original from the factory.

Joe, do you remember what you used to get the glue residue off. I'm planning on trying Goo Gone, but there may be something better. I sure don't want to damage the paint.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #22

State: Alabama
THOR #7329
I have a Thor Hurricane just like yours....just looked at mine. .and there is not a corner like yours...mine is flat . .sorry the guy did that to you...
Old 09-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
Ours was original from the factory.

Joe, do you remember what you used to get the glue residue off. I'm planning on trying Goo Gone, but there may be something better. I sure don't want to damage the paint.
gas is the best a lot of times WD 40 will work
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #24
DNS

Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Ohio
THOR #2222
Thanks, I know WD40 has a lot of uses. I just don't usually don't think about using it.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #25

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Windshields, windshields, windshields. I avoid being anywhere close to a truck hauling anything loose. Between our toad and coach probably 5 chips fixed and 3 replacements - all from gravel coming off trucks.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #26

State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg gibbs View Post
I have a Thor Hurricane just like yours....just looked at mine. .and there is not a corner like yours...mine is flat . .sorry the guy did that to you...

Thanks. That definitely is helpful info when complaining to them when I get home.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #27

State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
The whole left side of the rubber windshield seal came off and began beating up the side of the coach.

I wish I'd been so lucky. That's exactly what was happening to us, but we were in northwestern Nebraska and not so lucky as you were! Once we got to North Platte we could go to a Menard's (interesting store; had never been in one before) and get a ladder and tape.

I think being in the middle of nowhere, and not knowing if the issue affected the windshield integrity caused my stress level to go off the chart.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:47 PM   #28

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #12091
Windshield seal broke loose in high wind

Our 2017 Thor Miramar came from the factory with a leaky windshield. The windshield leaked in 3 places. Fortunately the rubber gasket never dislodged in high winds although the factory installed the gasket upside down with the seam on top instead of the bottom. After months of rangling with Thor and CW we were able to get a replacement windshield installed under warranty. As was previously stated I found out that the rubber gasket is more of a beauty ring or edge protector than it is a seal or fastener. Unfortunately for us after all this our windshield still has a leak. On the bright side there is only one leak and it doesn’t rain much in California. The window installer has been out once already to reseal the leak and I just discovered that his fix was unsuccessful. We’ll see him again this week. I’m kind of skeptical 🤨 That bead of sealant that seals the window glass to the body flange is everything! If there are any breaks in the bead then you’re seal is toast.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:36 PM   #29

State: Florida
THOR #7642
Wow!!! They had to see that. Ugh so upsetting. Hope it works out bud.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #30

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: South Dakota
THOR #11771
2018 Vegas 24.1 windshield

So the first windshield was installed at factory, we put 22,000 on RACHEAL in first 5 months to work out MANY issues. The windshield just started cracking. Had it replaced, under warranty, in the warranty install, the seal leaked around top, sides, rails, etc. it flooded dash and am currently having all replaced to hit road for winter. There are multiple new cehicles with these seal issues, i know of 12 around here
Old 10-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #31

THOR #10788
Windshield seal broke loose in high wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeg View Post
Attachment 12537Attachment 12538

One pic shows the upper right corner bend. The left side (other pic) caught the wind and ripped loose. All taped up as shown. Praying it holds.

This looks like a molding not a gasket. A molding issue is simply an unsightly cosmetic issue. Moldings are put around the perimeter of a windshield to make it look nice, it has nothing to do with sealing, security or safety. The tape is not necessary to secure the windshield or to keep it from leaking. That’s the good news. The bad news is that to fix the crimp in the molding the windshield would need to be cut out again and new molding reinstalled. The windshield might crack during this process and need to be replaced. Pick your poison, pull the tape off and clean with mineral spirits or have windshield replaced.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 PM   #32

State: Nevada
THOR #12329
thanks for this thread.... I'm having a air leak problem, brand new 2019 29m..my trim rubber is also upside down with the cut on the top.....there is also a spot in the top corner puckered..at freeway speed it sounds like the window is open.... driving me nuts.... I haven had to drive in the rain yet, but suspect it will leak water...wonder what the fix is here???

I'm gonna try to tape the rubber to see if the wind noise goes away... and maybe call thor to see what they say..
Old 02-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #33

THOR #10788
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
thanks for this thread.... I'm having a air leak problem, brand new 2019 29m..my trim rubber is also upside down with the cut on the top.....there is also a spot in the top corner puckered..at freeway speed it sounds like the window is open.... driving me nuts.... I haven had to drive in the rain yet, but suspect it will leak water...wonder what the fix is here???

I'm gonna try to tape the rubber to see if the wind noise goes away... and maybe call thor to see what they say..

Can you post pics of your problem areas? A windshield molding that is deformed can create a lot of wind noise without a leaking problem. One way to determine this is to temporarily place masking tape over the area while you drive, but remove the tape immediately afterwards, so that you don’t get hard to remove residue.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #34

Model: Outlaw 38 RE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3657
Yes I had that happen recently after having my windshield replaced in my Outlaw. Sounded like had a monkey rapping on the side of the RV. Just buy silicon and put it on the rubber seal and set it back into the groves. What they didn’t do when they replaced your gasket.