Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2019, 10:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Windshield shade fixed!

Well, as luck would have it, my windshield shade motor went out while on a trip but it ended up being a positive. I found a replacement motor on Amazon for $56 and fixed it myself and now I also have a remote control to power it. That led to me thinking about those manual side shades in the front, so I bought motors, installed them and also bought a remote which will control up to 15 blinds so now all the front are remote control. I was lucky in that the motors fit my rods exactly and the only modification was the end brackets which I had to grind a little off, then bend one of the ends but they work perfectly. So all total, I have about $150 in the upgrade but I can control all the front shades from either their own remote in the front or the one remote from anywhere in the MH. Sometimes when something tears up, it can end up being a good thing. I'm thinking I might tackle the ones in the living area but that would mean two motors each since they have the black and regular shades.