Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2021, 11:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34R
State: Texas
THOR #21191
Windshield wipers

Hi everyone. Time to replace windshield wipers. 2019 Thor windsport 34R. Existing wipers are 30 inches. Don’t think they are original but they could be.
Any recommendations for brands better than others?
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2021, 11:31 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
I always use the cheapest ones from wally world on all my vehicles except the Honda. The cheap ones don't work so good on the CR-V so I go with the OEM ones on that.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:50 PM   #3

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
I do the same, whatever is on sale, and I use 28 inch since it is stocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I always use the cheapest ones from wally world on all my vehicles except the Honda. The cheap ones don't work so good on the CR-V so I go with the OEM ones on that.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:50 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1129Fran View Post
Hi everyone. Time to replace windshield wipers. 2019 Thor windsport 34R. Existing wipers are 30 inches. Don’t think they are original but they could be.
Any recommendations for brands better than others?
Thanks!
All Thor MC plant 750 coaches use 32 inch wipers with the large J hook attachment. The reason for this is Thor MC plant 750 sources the entire wiper system from an manufacturer than makes them for school buses are well as RVs, as the distance between the wiper bases is different from most other types of vehicles. I bought mine from etrailer.com.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:19 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Auto zone and they put them on
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:04 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
I bought a high end pair of rain X from Wal Mart and they just would not fit on the J hook no matter what I did. Later read were some people were filing down their j hooks on their RV So I take it back to Wal Mart but told the service guy about it first. He tried to put it on an confirmed it would not work. So he tells me to return it. I go inside and get a refund and by the time I got back he had another set of 28" Rain X's on the RV and asked me if I would start it up and squirt water on windshield. They worked perfectly; so I go back inside with him to pay for them...$8 each!!!!! I asked why didn't I see them before and he says they only keep those in the service shop and you can't buy them in the stores? I think they were the Beanblades that arch on windshield. They work really well. At that price and the free install; I can buy a new set every year at any wal mart!!!
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #7

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
All Thor MC plant 750 coaches use 32 inch wipers with the large J hook attachment. The reason for this is Thor MC plant 750 sources the entire wiper system from an manufacturer than makes them for school buses are well as RVs, as the distance between the wiper bases is different from most other types of vehicles. I bought mine from etrailer.com.
Well, if what you’re saying is true...then the large J hook wipers are the only option.
And large J hook replacement wiper blades are very expensive vs J hook for standard auto wipers.

Some on this Forum have used the J hook adapters which allow for the standard auto wiper blades.

https://smile.amazon.com/Cuque-33923...8578666&sr=8-5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	020920C9-1DD3-4B98-A947-3909F5BB1855.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	29800  
Old 04-16-2021, 01:15 PM   #8

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I buy 32 inch RV specific blades on Amazon.. They fit perfectly, are easy to install, work well and last 3 or 4 years. They even are delivered right to my door. Runs about $50. Not a big deal for me.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:51 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
They worked perfectly; so I go back inside with him to pay for them...$8 each!!!!!
I lied, they are NOT $8 each, they are $7 each installed

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rain-X-28...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I may buy 2 extras to keep on the RV for backup.

These blades have a curved beam to ensure a smooth wipe ( so does the OEM; but just saying compared to regular in store blades that are non beamed)

I was worried about 32" down to 28" and you can't tell the difference, if anything the 28" look nicer and gives you more unobstructed view the 90% of the time it is NOT raining. When it is raining or snowing you have more than plenty if not double the normal view you can see on any car windshield. So unless you need a wiper to wash and clean 2" more bugs, or have plenty of money and time this is a very safe way to go with two major names in Rain - X and Wal Mart.

Note: The packaging does say " FOR PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION" I don't know why. As I said earlier, they were not in the store but only in the shop service area so you may have to ask for them at the service center? I may find out if I try to buy two extras to take home? If they go crazy, I will let them put the new ones on and simply keep the old new ones if that makes sense
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:54 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Good info..need to check if they fit a 2020 thor vegas 25.6..only 6 left here at Walmart
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote