Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2016, 12:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #4409
NorCold Fridge not working

Hi all.

My fridge isn't working. When I turn it on, I get a small vertical bar next to Auto and next to AC (or next to LP if not plugged into AC). That stays on for 5-7 seconds, then the display goes to "n". The "n" code seems to be a very generic code. One of the suggestions is to check level. I turned the coach around so it's reversed on the drive way, turned the fridge off and back on, same result.

It's a NorCold.

Any idea how to do a reset on it?

I noticed the "n" in the control panel at the show and didn't think anything of it.

Thoughts?

Cuthahotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Well... if the RV isn't level in your driveway - turning it around isn't likely to fix it... I have found the newer (2014) fridges MUCH more sensitive to level than the older (2000) in my last unit.
Old one would always run fine in my driveway - new one won't at all unless I use the levelers. Don't get the code - just doesn't cool and other parts get hot... Took a bit to connect the dots and figure out what was happening.

Found a power board reset procedure online - no warranty expressed or implied - but for what it is worth if you want to try:
https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset2.pdf
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:25 AM   #3

State: California
THOR #4409
GMC, Thanks for the response.

On dead level ground the RV has about 5 % slope forward. My drive Apron slopes at about 5 %. (figured that out in the last few days). With it pointed one way I have to put 4 levelling blocks under the front tire (4 each side). With it pointed the other it's dead flat and doesn't need any blocks.

The dealer was able to get it reset again without taking it apart and it's working great now.
Cuthahotha is offline   Reply With Quote