Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2016, 12:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
THOR #4474
Unhappy Windsport 32a living area slide issues

I own a 2014 windsport 32a when trying to put the living area slide out, it was making noise and started to go out crooked. When I tried to bring it back in it just froze.. Now it doesn't seem to have any power going to it at all. We tried turning the switch underneath to the off position to push it in but we are unable to get it to budge. What is our next step? Our manual says to unplug the power but we can't find where this box is located..

We were planing on taking it camping this weekend, but unless this is a easy fix, looks like plans have changed. If you know anything or who to contact please let me know.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #2

State: Arizona
THOR #3878
I believe the controller for the living area slide is is mounted at the top of one of the exterior storage compartments. I think on my 2013 Windsport 32A it is in the compartment between the generator & rear axle.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #3

State: West Virginia
THOR #4474
Smile

Thank you for your response. We have a on off switch in that box. I searched all over my motorhome yesterday with the help of a tech from Thor. Finally I took down the box that the switch was on and inside the box was the control box I'd been searching for. So to those who might find that switch. Please go past the switch. It will save a lot of time and frustration. Slide is now in.

One other question, after doing the manual override, is it possible to try it again or is it a must to shop?

Tags
no power, powerbox, slide, windsport