Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2023, 12:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #13703
Fresh water tank overflowing

Hi I have a 2018 Thor Miramar 35.3 and I am hooked up to City water and the fresh water tank all of a sudden overheated. Can someone tell me why this happened. Also does anyone have the instructions telling you what setting is for what on the valve.
Thanks

Old 01-18-2023, 01:06 AM   #2

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
When you are using the City Water from a campground, you need to turn the water valve to "City Water". It will then bypass filling your on board water tank. When you want to fill up your on board water tank, you need to turn the water valve to the "Fill Tank" position to fill the on board water tank. While on the road or while "Dry Camping" with no "City Water", you turn the water valve to the "Dry Camp" position. It will allow water to be pumped from your on board tank to the faucets and toilet. If your coach has the older Kankleak water valve system, there have been numerous times that the valve did leak due to the rubber "O" rings twisting or ripping a part.If that happens it will allow water from the City Water supply to bypass the on board system and fill the water tank to over flow it.

Paul
Old 01-18-2023, 01:25 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by druganjk@gmail.com View Post
Hi I have a 2018 Thor Miramar 35.3 and I am hooked up to City water and the fresh water tank all of a sudden overheated. Can someone tell me why this happened. Also does anyone have the instructions telling you what setting is for what on the valve.
Thanks
Overheated? I think you meant "overfilled".

The tank can overfill for one of 3 reasons:
- Kantleak valve in the wrong position as described above
- Kantleak valve leaking internally
- The waterpump leaking internally (backflowing) into the FW tank.

You can create an account on the Thor Owners Resource page with your VIN which will give you access to all the manuals for all equipment in your RV:
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote