Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3609
Cigar lighter

Blew a fuse when I tried to use both cigar lighter plugs at the same time. Checked the Ford Manual and it says it's a 20 amp fuse... I checked all, both under the hood and left of brake inside. Their all good. Any one know where that blown fuse could be?

Old 05-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #2

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
The fuse is located in the circuit panel in the exterior storage compartment beneath the drivers seat. I had this issue ant the dealer replaced the entire fuse block with a new board. It took them 4 trips to find and repair the problem. They also replaced the power points as well. The diagram on the fuse panel cover shows where the fuse is located for the power points.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:59 AM   #3

THOR #3609
Confused..
There isn't any storage under my driver seat... Only thing close is the fuse panel on fire wall left of brake petal.
I am guessing it's not a 20 amp fuse because I checked all ...and I can't find any chart showing what fuse goes where except in the original generic Ford manual. I will pull all till I find the little B............er!
Old 05-11-2016, 02:20 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid
There isn't any storage under my driver seat.
Drivers side front outside storage compartment...that is what he is referring to.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:29 AM   #5

THOR #3609
So under the hood??
Old 05-11-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid
So under the hood??
Nope; outside storage below drivers seat..
Here:

(Note the front of the slide there, and ignore all the snow and ice)
Old 05-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #7

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
icicles

God, Jamiegeek, I saw the icicles hanging from your coach. I don't miss that at all. Here in sunny Fla., we can camp year round. I remember needing to winterize our RVs every fall back in Mass. hoping I didn't leave a tiny bit of water in a line. One time, I bought a used, beat-up class C for cheap money, and it was a leaker. It was 10 degrees out, and the leak allowed huge icicles to come down inside the coach onto the cabover bed. It was quite a sight. I did rebuild that coach, and we traveled in it for several years, and I sold it for 10 times what I paid for it. For us, actually, winter is the best time to explore the south. Its not too hot like in summer, and usually, just the snowbirds are down for the winter. Although, they do fill the campgrounds to capacity, and it is difficult to get a site at the nicer, more scenic campgrounds. There is a lot to explore in Florida
Old 05-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgebo
I remember needing to winterize our RVs every fall back in Mass. hoping I didn't leave a tiny bit of water in a line.
The problem is water in an enclosed space. A tiny bit of water won't hurt as long as it has somewhere to expand into. I usually worry about the valve bodies, pump, etc. A little water in a line somewhere (or in the fresh, or waste tanks) doesn't hurt.

Some water in a closed valve body, or inside the pump and crack...

So far, knocking on wood head, I haven't had an issue in the 17 years I've been winterizing the units myself--the past two years I winterized the Axis twice as we took December trips with it (and when I was in High School my brother and I made some spare $$ by winterizing boats at the local marina every fall..never had any of them freeze/break either).
Old 05-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #9

THOR #3609
Duh... Got it!
Will check after work today... Thanks for your help.
Stay tuned!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:20 AM   #10

THOR #3609
Ok, no blown fuses under the driver compartment that I can see. Obviously I can only tell on the clear ones. The big fuses that are incased I can't tell ... How would you know if they are blown? Elec tester?
I guess I will call Thor tomorrow and see if they can lead me to victory on finding the blown fuse. I would think it can't be more that a 10 or 15 amp fuse.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:19 AM   #11

THOR #3609
Ok kids... For future reference the blown fuse is a 30 amp and in the #70 spot in the front box under the hood.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:30 PM   #12

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
That box thingee, fuse panel thingee, is the BCC, BATTERY CONTROL CENTER! look for it, know where it is in your coach.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #13

THOR #3609
I know where it is and what it is ....there was just no instructions in any of the manuals on which fuse controlled the cigar lighter. Had to call Thor to find the right one.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #14

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Gentlemen,

Sorry a bit late on reviewing this thread.
Forrest as far as the BCC, where is it on the Vegas 24.1? In the outside storage (drivers side) or is that something else?

Apparently it is something that will need to be addressed as some point in time.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #15

Model: 2016 Vegas 24.1 on E450
State: Tennessee
THOR #2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Ok kids... For future reference the blown fuse is a 30 amp and in the #70 spot in the front box under the hood.
I have a 2016 24.1 on the E450 and mine is #70 under the hood also. Evidently it's #17 in the outside compartment under the driver's seat on previous year models.

My 12v power point on the center console wasn't working but it turned out to be a disconnected wire instead of a blown fuse.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:32 PM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Razor,

Great, I have a 2016 Vegas 24.1 but on the E350. I guess I'll go fuse hunting for a 30 amp either at #17 outside or #70 under the hood.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote