Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Yes, freshwater drain is on the side by the door. No other connections to the tank other than the pump connection. A possibility would be the city water line on the way to the pump. Between us, we'll figure this one out.

I just checked the build sheet I received from Thor and it has three low drain points shown. I guess that is to drain water between the fresh water pump and the rest of the water system. Don’t know why there is a separate low drain there but the build sheet clearly has three valves labeled as low drain. Never saw that coming.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Mystery drain solved. As suspected, the third drain is for the city water supply line that terminates at the water pump. I see why they put it there. It serves to drain the residual water trapped in the supply line to the pump where the check valve is located and the small bit of water from the pump as well.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:18 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Sounds good to me. Got the pink stuff in and done with that project. Now the tough times of waiting for March to get back into the woods.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #24

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Georgia
THOR #10056
I just bought a new 2018 Freedom Elite 29FE and someone at the factory must have read your complaint about the water pump being located under the jackknife sofa. They didn't put it under mine. The problem is, I can't seem to figure out where they put it. I spent a couple of hours Saturday searching for it and never could find it. I think I took out every screw and every panel in the coach with no luck. Finally gave up and just blew out the lines and thought I'd ask here. Does anyone have any idea where they put it?
Old 11-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #25

THOR #4656
You need to look again. Turn on the pump and listen. It should make enough noise to locate it. Under the sofa is the perfect place for it so I can't imagine Thor relocating it to somewhere else.

BTY does your user name suggest you are located near Cleveland, Ga.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #26

THOR #10056
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
You need to look again. Turn on the pump and listen. It should make enough noise to locate it. Under the sofa is the perfect place for it so I can't imagine Thor relocating it to somewhere else.

BTY does your user name suggest you are located near Cleveland, Ga.
I originally read your post and thought "Great, under the sofa, I guess it could be worse." Imagine my surprise when I popped it up and saw nothing but seat belt anchors. I turned on the pump and had my wife running around listening and we narrowed it down to somewhere in the back half. Then I had her turn on the pump and I went around inside and out, removed every panel I could find that wasn't stapled down. Never did find it. Even crawled underneath the coach to listen. I may have never found those low-point drains under the shower-pan. Thanks for your post! You mentioned something about a spec-sheet (or similar) in an earlier reply. Is there a website where I could find one for the 2018? The generic manual they gave me is useless.

I started using Yonah in forums years ago when my parents retired to Helen and built a house with Mt. Yonah as the view from their porch. I live near the Mall of GA in Lawrenceville.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #27
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonah View Post
I originally read your post and thought "Great, under the sofa, I guess it could be worse." Imagine my surprise when I popped it up and saw nothing but seat belt anchors. I turned on the pump and had my wife running around listening and we narrowed it down to somewhere in the back half. Then I had her turn on the pump and I went around inside and out, removed every panel I could find that wasn't stapled down. Never did find it. Even crawled underneath the coach to listen. I may have never found those low-point drains under the shower-pan. Thanks for your post! You mentioned something about a spec-sheet (or similar) in an earlier reply. Is there a website where I could find one for the 2018? The generic manual they gave me is useless.

I started using Yonah in forums years ago when my parents retired to Helen and built a house with Mt. Yonah as the view from their porch. I live near the Mall of GA in Lawrenceville.
Call Thor customer service with your VIN handy they will send you all the drawings for your coach that you ask for (so ask for all of them).
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...ings-5833.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #28

THOR #4656
Yonah, I'm over the mountain from Helen in Hiawassee.

I've been racking what remains of a brain trying to imagine where else the pump could be located. A few places come to mind as I mostly was in and around every compartment when I installed my roof mount satellite antenna and fished cables to the two control boxes.

The outside kitchen behind the drawer has enough space for it, but it already has the macerator sink drain pump there. I ruled out the kitchen/dining slide as there is so much wiring/plumbing/drain fixtures there and little space for the pump and would have little access for winterizing. The rear dinette seat would have room, that's where it was in my 2015 Four Winds 22. The front dinette seat has the full length drawer so not likely there.

When you solve the mystery, let us know.

Hopefully you found the third low point drain which eluded me at first but it was hiding under the furnace duct under the shower pan about a foot forward of the two side by side low point drains.

Oh, and I wouldn't rely on the Thor drawings and schematics, they describe how it was meant to be built, but sometimes Billy Bob takes a detour from the norm.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #29

THOR #10056
I called Thor and had the rep send me the plumbing schematics. The pump is supposedly located directly to the left of the fresh water tank in the bottom half of the wardrobe. I had taken the panel directly under the drawers off and found the water tank but its basically just the back of the tank with no access around it. I looked and didn't see a way to remove the other panel directly to the left (towards the front of the coach under the wardrobe section) so had assumed it was just the back of the outside kitchen. I guess I'll be taking a closer look at that panel. Since I saw no screws I thought it was stapled shut. Maybe there's a trick. Will let you know what I find and how much it costs to buy a new panel after it breaks.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #30

State: New Mexico
THOR #7480
2017 Freedom Elite 30fe has the water pump under the queen bed.

Tags
29fe, winterize water system