Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2021, 11:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ARIA 3901
State: Georgia
THOR #12263
Wiper blade replacement

Has anyone had to replace their wiper blades for 2017 or newer Aria? Called Thor they would not give me part number. They had me contact Lazydays in Elkhart and the pic they sent me did not match what is on the coach. They then said pic of what they sent me was what was on bill of lading.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:00 AM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
I use standard 28 inch beam style on my J hook wiper arms
Old 05-09-2021, 12:38 AM   #3

Model: ARIA 3901
THOR #12263
Thx for the reply, mine are 32” and have a separate bracket that the blade locks in, but not in strong cross wide that remove a blade while driving in rain.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:03 AM   #4

THOR #6903
Mine were 32 also

Most of us use standard over the counter
Old 05-09-2021, 01:57 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Mine were 32 also

Most of us use standard over the counter
I did what you did and went with simple Rain X Beam Blades from Wal Mart. I was driving in the rain on interstate on Friday, and I couldn't help but notice that my new 28" actually reached the top where the solid dotted board band that is about 6 inches thick. I think that band is designed that way to help break sun and glare? But the point is you can't see out of it that high up anyway. If I had blades that were longer what would be the point? Since the blades overlap the extra length has no benefit in the middle, unless you drive looking out the upper center of your coach On the left side my 28 inch blades almost reach my A frame so the difference is not as much as it sounds.

With that said it is all about reasonable cost and access. I want to be able to get a blade like I do for any of my vehicles, not to have to hunt down what may or may not fit and pay $60 or more to get. I hear go to a truck stop, and I have been in one n(Loves), and I didn't see anything close to a 32" blade and I don't have any plans to start shopping around Truck Stops to find one. Wal Mart will do if I have to buy a new one every year, at $7 each, I can afford it
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:19 AM   #6

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Www.tricoproducts.com
Let’s you drill down by Make, model and year of RV for you’re part number. Quick Google search to find them.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:13 AM   #7

Model: XG 32 Omni
THOR #4243
Take them off and go to your local Auto Parts store and I bet the can match them up for you.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #8

THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Thx for the reply, mine are 32” and have a separate bracket that the blade locks in, but not in strong cross wide that remove a blade while driving in rain.
Tuscany has the large J style hooks and of course a large windshield. The standard beam 28 inches fit be could back out as they don't have a lock

I use a small UV resistant zip tie in the hole to prevent them from backing up or blowing off. Used to do this on some of my trucks years past and it works well

Using the standard 28 inch makes it easy to replace the spare on the road but luckily only one time in several years that was necessary

We got caught in a bad storm on I90 last year with wind/hail/rain and they stayed on when other motorist lost theirs. Luckily an exit was on a few miles away
Old 05-09-2021, 04:46 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I just order the correct 32 inch, wide hook blades online. Find them on sale for $40/pair and I keep a spare set on hand. They last about 3 years so the cost seems pretty inconsequential.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #10

THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I just order the correct 32 inch, wide hook blades online. Find them on sale for $40/pair and I keep a spare set on hand. They last about 3 years so the cost seems pretty inconsequential.
I have found the 28's actually do a better job in heavy rain or slush than the original 32's

The part time Towed also uses 28 as well as another vehicle so it makes that easier as well

Whatever works is the best thing to do for everyone and mine is keeping it simple
Old 05-09-2021, 10:44 PM   #11

Model: Palazzo 33.2
THOR #8078
Last time I ordered a set of 32s and they did fine, but I see a post above about using 28' replacements. That looks a lot easier since 28" are easily found. Any downside to downsizing?
Old 05-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #12

THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyhehn View Post
Last time I ordered a set of 32s and they did fine, but I see a post above about using 28' replacements. That looks a lot easier since 28" are easily found. Any downside to downsizing?
There are way more 20 inch wipers being used on original 32 than there are original

Look at IRV2 and other sites and read them if you want more detail

What I found was in very heavy down pours the 28 actually work better. loosing the two inches top and bottom wasn't even noticed

I do try to find some place to stop where it is safe to avoid driving in heavy down pours and hail however it catches you sometimes before you can find a good safe place to stop
Old 05-10-2021, 09:30 PM   #13

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Take them off and go to your local Auto Parts store and I bet the can match them up for you.

I tried this and two places told me the standard car/truck blades wouldn’t fit an RV. I bought what I thought would fit. They were right. No go!! Returned them and ordered them for $17 each online. 30 seconds to change then out. Guess I listen next time.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #14

Model: XG 32 Omni
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
I tried this and two places told me the standard car/truck blades wouldn’t fit an RV. I bought what I thought would fit. They were right. No go!! Returned them and ordered them for $17 each online. 30 seconds to change then out. Guess I listen next time.
It was worth a try, sounds like you got the problem solved.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:05 PM   #15

Model: Tuscany 44MT
THOR #22909
My 2017 Tuscany has 32" blades. I replaced them in 2020 with an exact j-hook Trico match from Amazon for $50. I keep them covered when parking for more than a few days with a set of diamond plate covers matching the mirrors and tires.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:17 PM   #16

Model: Ace 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #14603
Just measure them I went to Amazon and get the ones made for RVs they’re heavy duty
Old 05-16-2021, 12:18 PM   #17

State: New York
THOR #9586
I also replaced my wipers on my windsport 34j. Not until I looked closely at the bill when I got home did I realize they charged me 240 bucks for wiper blades. I was furious and called campers world. They said they’re special size. And I replied for a piece of rubber?????
Old 05-16-2021, 01:52 PM   #18

THOR #6903
I use the 28 inch beam style right off the shelf available everywhere

The J hook fits perfectly over the molded portion and I do have a large windshield on the Tuscany 42GX

Usually change them out each year and I do use Rain X in case I need to drive without wipers should something fail

Price is usually around 12 dollars for a good quality Beam style which is the same as OEM only 28 instead of 32
Old 05-16-2021, 04:11 PM   #19

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantierney View Post
I also replaced my wipers on my windsport 34j. Not until I looked closely at the bill when I got home did I realize they charged me 240 bucks for wiper blades.
All I can say is Wow because Holy S$5#@ is not allowed on the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
I use the 28 inch beam style right off the shelf available everywhere

Usually change them out each year and I do use Rain X in case I need to drive without wipers should something fail

Price is usually around 12 dollars for a good quality Beam style which is the same as OEM only 28 instead of 32
You and I agree wholeheartedly on this topic.

As soon as I learned I had to order online for $50 - $60 to get the OEM 32's, I immediately went local. I went to a Wal Mart Auto Service Center and paid $7 each for the 28" Rain X Pro Plus Beam Blades; which included installation . Took about 2 min 27 secs +/- 5 secs

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rain-X-28...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have been using Rain X blades in my other auto vehicles from Wal Mart 100 years before Sam Walton even opened his first Wal Mart

Since it happens to be raining in Dallas this morning, I went out and took pictures in the rain; so all can physically see the $7 blades in action. 1st thing to notice, if it were 32" long how much closer to left side edge do you need? Answer ZERO. 2nd question how much closer to the roof do you need? Answer ZERO In my case I could make the argument the 32" was too long because if you look close; I don't need wiper blades to extend in the dark tint band

I hope the pictures help someone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210516_103936.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	30532   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210516_104219.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	30533  

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #20

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Glad saving $30 every couple of years makes you that happy! I’ll opt for the bigger field of view.