Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24.1 Axis-2005 Mini
State: Georgia
THOR #14334
Angry Wipers aren't touching Windshield in spots.

On 2015 Axis 24.1, I had RV shop put new wiper blades on. I thought the worn out ones were bad but the new ones barely touch the surface of the glass in center of drivers side and passengers side is even worse.
Is there anyway to adjust these darn things? I sure hate to mention it to the RV shop cause everything they touch is at $185 per hour. Maybe some of you can tell me how to adjust them or offer some advice on it. I plan to invest in more RainX in the meantime.

I read the thread on wipers that didn't swipe properly but these would be hitting all the right areas if they were flat against windshield as they moved.

Old 10-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Try pulling the wiper back about 6 inches and let the spring rapidly pull the wiper towards the windshield

Check the distance from the point where the arm and wiper attach before and after doing this

If the wiper doesn't touch after letting the spring pull it rapidly forward, then adjust the spring one turn and check again