Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation SR24
State: Florida
THOR #13811
Citation Bathroom Doors

Hello, my wife and I attended dozens of RV shows and every Citation Sprinter that we went into had broken bathroom door stops. Well we bought one and sure enough the bathroom door stops are pulled out from the ceiling. We were told the solution was to fill the holes with epoxy and redrill for bigger screws. Don’t fool yourself, they will only pull out with bigger holes to fill.
I was able to make two hardwood headers to secure the metal magnet stops to for the brackets in the center and the one backstop bracket in the hallway. The header for the backstop door spans the hallway entrance to the bedroom and the other goes wall to wall in the bathroom opening above the doors. I planned a piece of 1 X 3 oak to 1/2” thick so that it would fit above the doors like a header. I also routered it so it would be decorative. I secured it to the walls on each end with long screws through the walls and L brackets. This gave the metal brackets something solid to screw to. See photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7F42EECD-FE00-4D20-AFDB-CB97CBE30AEE.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	14383   Click image for larger version

Name:	79E54DA0-2143-43D6-9039-EC3531A3975A.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	14384  

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3AD5096-86B5-43B4-AA35-8B2F43FAAD73.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	14385  

Old 12-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation 24SR
State: Kansas
THOR #9869
Glad you made a fix... we haven’t had any issues with our L-shaped bathroom door. Love the privacy space it gives you for a Class C... 32,000 miles and still rolling. If ours ever does have an issue, thanks for posting!