Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2015, 12:49 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Charlie,

No idea.

About 15 years ago I was a project manager for a firm and we were doing a feasibility study for a major equipment manufacture's desire to digitize all of their technical manuals. We are talking multi-million dollar pieces of motorized equipment.

During the design phase of a particular item the manufacturer outsourced the design of the electrical and hydraulic systems. The company that designed the electrical and hydraulic systems retained the rights to the technical drawings and refused to release them to the manufacturer. The manufacturer has the right of use but did not have the right to copy or distribute in any way shape or form.

This same type of situation played out across numerous industries and I didn't start hearing about firms taking action on these problems until around the mid 2000s when the E Book craze hit.

Not saying that is your problem, but maybe Thor got wrapped up in the same kind of scenario. Stranger things have happened.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:56 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #2176
Yes indeed stranger things have happened. In this case I wish, if there is a complication, Thor would offer a brief explanation. Truth is so much easier to understand the these stories about no schematics.

We will see.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #23

State: South Carolina
THOR #2176
Hey Dave,

Just wanted you to see they reply I got from Thor Customer Service regharding my request for 12 vdc and 120 vdc schematic diagrams:

Angie Cox <acox@tmcrv.com>

11:10 AM (4 hours ago)

to me

I have attached the wiring diagrams we have available for this coach. If you have any additional questions please contact our Tech Services Team at 877-855-2867 and the representative for your area will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Angie Cox
Customer Service

606 Nelsons Parkway
Wakarusa, IN 46573

P.O. Box 1486
Elkhart, IN 46515

Phone 877-855-2867
Fax 574-294-3618

The attachments were more copies of two of the wiring harnesses that I have received each time I have requested schematics. Tom Overton sent me a third harness diagram.

So, thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate your helpful thoughts and the thoughts of others, but obviously I am not going to get the data I need to understand the wiring of my $95,000 RV. Sure am glad it sits on a Sprinter chassis as Mercedes-Benz has been most accommodating in providing information on the truck, including extended conversations and copies of needed data for installation of three after-market devices.

Charlie Milford
Old 06-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMilford View Post
Hey Dave,

Just wanted you to see they reply I got from Thor Customer Service regharding my request for 12 vdc and 120 vdc schematic diagrams:

Angie Cox <acox@tmcrv.com>

11:10 AM (4 hours ago)

to me

I have attached the wiring diagrams we have available for this coach. If you have any additional questions please contact our Tech Services Team at 877-855-2867 and the representative for your area will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Angie Cox
Customer Service

606 Nelsons Parkway
Wakarusa, IN 46573

P.O. Box 1486
Elkhart, IN 46515

Phone 877-855-2867
Fax 574-294-3618

The attachments were more copies of two of the wiring harnesses that I have received each time I have requested schematics. Tom Overton sent me a third harness diagram.

So, thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate your helpful thoughts and the thoughts of others, but obviously I am not going to get the data I need to understand the wiring of my $95,000 RV. Sure am glad it sits on a Sprinter chassis as Mercedes-Benz has been most accommodating in providing information on the truck, including extended conversations and copies of needed data for installation of three after-market devices.

Charlie Milford
Charlie,

I imagine they are probably the same as the ones I received. Although they are good to a certain extent I wouldn't want to trust them for high level electronic work.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:23 PM   #25

State: Texas
THOR #11291
2017 Thor Outlaw

I am a newbie to the Rv world. Can somebody please tell me where I can find the inverter. I have been told to turn it off when I am staying in one spot for long periods of time. I am plugged in and my house batteries are draining
Old 06-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrennan View Post
I am a newbie to the Rv world. Can somebody please tell me where I can find the inverter. I have been told to turn it off when I am staying in one spot for long periods of time. I am plugged in and my house batteries are draining
Your inverter will be near the power center. If you hear a fan running under the bed or in the wall it is probably the inverter. If you are on shore power the inverter is idling and drawing less than 14 watts. The converter should keep all of your batteries charged. Just make sure the use/store switch is in the USE position any time you are on shore power
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #27

THOR #6411
The Thor wiring diagrams I have are good for locating various components, but are not so good in chasing wires. The wife and I spent two days chasing wires and labeling them for the 12 volt system when I replaced the power center. The 120 volt systems is straight forward (at least in my coach). You find things like the propane detector circuit also power the refrigerator circuit board.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:15 PM   #28

Model: Tuscany XTE 40AX
State: Florida
THOR #7078
I have dealt with Thor for warranty issues, I fact I took my Coach to Thor and they fixed everything that was either missed or messed up by a dealer. You don't have to take it to a Thor dealer, you can take it to any dealership, however they would still have to get approval from Thor and if they do not accept warranty work from Thor (submitting a claim through them), you would have to pay up front and submit for reimbursement from Thor. I have had great response from Thor.

Thanks

Suzzanne
2016 Thor Tuscany 40AX ate
Old 06-24-2018, 11:25 AM   #29

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
I had to scan/send copy of my registration to Thor to prove ownership. They sent me drawings even though warranty was expired.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #30

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
I have the wiring diagrams for our coach. They are pretty much useless.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #31

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4366
The drawings I have received while covering a lot leave out all the secret relays and fuse boxes.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #32

State: California
THOR #10950
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief90 View Post
I have dealt with Thor for warranty issues, I fact I took my Coach to Thor and they fixed everything that was either missed or messed up by a dealer. You don't have to take it to a Thor dealer, you can take it to any dealership, however they would still have to get approval from Thor and if they do not accept warranty work from Thor (submitting a claim through them), you would have to pay up front and submit for reimbursement from Thor. I have had great response from Thor.

Thanks

Suzzanne
2016 Thor Tuscany 40AX ate
Suzanne what number did you use to call Thor or how did you contact them?
Old 06-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #33

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I just spoke with someone at Thor this morning, about another question, and I asked about this very thing....
He said that they don't have anything intended for issue to the public, but they will work with dealers if they are "working on something"
I strongly suggested that they need to re-think this idea, and issue something of value so that owners can better understand how these things are set up, how they work, etc...

I agree with FW28z, nothing of real value in the manual or online that I have found.
The manual even has a lot of stuff in it that discusses OEM equipment and accesories that i don't even have in my coach! It's basically garbage, and if you're not mechanically inclined it could even lead you down a very wrong path.....thinking you have a differnet slide mechaniism than the Schwintek that is actually installed for example!
You know, back a long time ago they had 'Chilton's' manuals, 'Motor' manuals, the various brands of Motorcycle, Cars and Trucks. I remember using them so I can't figure out why this brand thinks their brand is so secret. Heck I even used the Aircraft, Tank and missile/ rocket manuals to find wiring problems so it's not like the customers don't know anything. So how did we get the money to buy the RV if we don't know anything?
Old 06-26-2018, 02:06 AM   #34

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Thor customer service called me the other day regerding my survey. For my front and rear speaker issue the customer service rep sent me the Jensen and the Axxera wiring diagrams. Then she sent me a slew of wiring diagrams for several systems specific to my coach. Thank you Thor!
Old 08-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #35

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3772
Cab light and light in compartment next to step are out

I have a 2014 Hurricane. The cab light and the light under the compartment next to my entry step seem to be connected. They both worked when I got the coach. About a year later, they both went out. A few months later they both started working again but it didn’t last long — both went out again. It seems strange that these would be connected but I’ve noticed my dash lights are also out. Are all of these connected on the same fuse and if so does anyone know where that fuse would be? There are so many things under my dash and I don’t know enough about wiring to start poking around.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:14 AM   #36

Model: 2018 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #11507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Your inverter will be near the power center. If you hear a fan running under the bed or in the wall it is probably the inverter. If you are on shore power the inverter is idling and drawing less than 14 watts. The converter should keep all of your batteries charged. Just make sure the use/store switch is in the USE position any time you are on shore power
Jim - Thanks for your contribution on this forum. Question, regarding the OME inverter. I have a 2018 Hurricane 29m, which I believe has a 1000W inverter. Your thoughts as to the adequacy on this inverter for the MH? I seem to be getting numerous E05/OL messages and wondering I need to upgrade the inverter. I may be way off, as I know very little regarding Inverters, converters and such.
Thanks
Roger
Old 05-07-2019, 09:23 PM   #37

Brand: Still Looking
State: Wisconsin
THOR #14830
Can someone post a link to a wire Diagram

I have a new to me 2011 Hurricane and the basement storage compartments lights all seem to not be working, the rest of the lights work. Is there a master switch someplace I am not seeing?
Old 05-07-2019, 10:44 PM   #38

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I don’t know why Thor won’t send you the drawings you requested. I have received 20 different drawings for my 2015 Vegas 24.1 for electrical, plumbing, waster water, structural, heating, safety, and layout.
Go to the Thor Motorcoach webpage, Owners section. Go to this link: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/ and fill out the Customer Care information request form. Be sure to include the year, model, and VIN. Ask for the electrical drawings you want. They should send you an email with the drawings attached as pdf files. Here is the list of drawings Thor sent me for the requests I made for my Vegas (drawings numbers are for my year, model, and VIN, yours will probably be different.
• TCS0114-08 Layout, Chassis, Ford
• DOC021615-004(1) – Dash Radio Harness
• TDW0195-00 – Sewer Termination
• TDW0230-04 – Sewer Layout
• TEE00135 1 26 12 – Radio Pigtail
• TEE1071 – Battery Schematic
• TEE1287-0 11151 – 110VAC & 12VDC Layout
• TEE288-00 11151 – Coach Harness
• TEE1312-01 11151 – Dash Harness
• TEW0410 – End Wall
• TFP0242-01 – Floor plan
• TFW0117 – Fresh Water Layout
• THL0079-01 – Heat Layout
• THL0126-00 – Dash HVAC Layout
• TLP0084-03 – Manifold Liquid Propane
• TRF0385-04 – Roof
• TSL0078-02 – Layout Safety
• TTL0103-03 – Layout Trunk
• TWL0767 – Left Wall
• TWL0872 – Right Wall

And I believe I received some of these after my warranty was expired.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:40 PM   #39

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhouse View Post
Jim - Thanks for your contribution on this forum. Question, regarding the OME inverter. I have a 2018 Hurricane 29m, which I believe has a 1000W inverter. Your thoughts as to the adequacy on this inverter for the MH? I seem to be getting numerous E05/OL messages and wondering I need to upgrade the inverter. I may be way off, as I know very little regarding Inverters, converters and such.
Thanks
Roger
Your coach is much newer than mine but engineered by the same people. The only thing powered by the inverter are the three TVs, the electrical video switch box, the outside frig and the left duplex receptacle under the bed. Everything listed except the receptacle draws 560 watts total. In my coach, the the electrical switch box (BOMB) is above the frig and there are two plugs there; a single 120 volt receptacle and a 120 volt duplex. The duplex is wired through the inverter for the BOMB, DVD payer and such. The single one is for the microwave. The microwave (1300 watts) will overload the inverter but it will work fine if you are on generator power or shore power. Something you might check. I have no problem powering the three TVs, outside frig, the portable ice maker, the DirecTV receiver and video bridge with the inverter; however, after about 4 hours the two batteries need charging.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:01 AM   #40

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
2016 Siesta Sprinter. I've not had a problem with Thor Customer Service or warranty coverage- Thor provided several drawings when requested thru the link provided by bevedfelker above. 110/12 volt layout,chassis mods (frame modifications), interior layout, plumbing and basic wiring diagrams. Includes an additional 3 complete pdf's of detailed chassis electrical harness. Information is marked-"Confidential and proprietary information of Thor Motor Coach" and prohibits reproduction.
There is no "Chiltons" equivalent manual for RV's - they are an assembled product of other manufacturers chassis, appliances, electronics and interconnected devices arranged in any number of configurations and models.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote