Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2016, 12:44 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #3774
xantrax inverter error. leaving on first trip HELP

New thor motorhome plugged into shore power. Circuit breaker switched off. Power probably off for most of day. Xantrax pro 1800 beeping and flashing E02. Reset breaker and plugged in. Power restored. Fridge now on. BUT still have error E02 blinking between 11.9. The beeping is gone. Do we need to reset inverter or will it take care of itself. Should I just turn it off? We leave for our first camping trip tomorrow and will be plugged in to shore power there. Thanks so much.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:04 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Once the batteries are charged to over 12VDC the E02 error should clear.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #3

THOR #3774
still blinking

I have had the RV plugged into shore power overnight with the inverter off. This morning I turned it on and the error code is still alternating flashing E02 with 11.9. Will running the generator and/or the engine itself charge more successfully? Do I need to push the reset button on the inverter(located in a compartment underneath the slide)?
When driving, we plan on having the generator running. Our trip is appox. 6 hrs. Does that sound reasonable?
Old 05-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 roll View Post
I have had the RV plugged into shore power overnight with the inverter off. This morning I turned it on and the error code is still alternating flashing E02 with 11.9. Will running the generator and/or the engine itself charge more successfully? Do I need to push the reset button on the inverter(located in a compartment underneath the slide)?
When driving, we plan on having the generator running. Our trip is appox. 6 hrs. Does that sound reasonable?
To reset the error on the Xantrex Pro

Disconnect Shore Power
Turn off the Inverter
Turn the Inverter back on
Reconnect to shore power

This is from page 5-3 of the inverter manual

"Important: In order to reset the unit after an error has occurred, you have to remove shorepower (i.e., AC input), turn the unit off, then turn back on again."

When running down the road you can run the generator if you require the coach AC units, or you can turn the inverter on and the chassis alternator will keep the house batteries charged. During my last outing which was a total of 16 hours of drive time I used my generator for about 1 hour and the rest was inverter time.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #5

THOR #3774
Perfect!

That worked! It says 13.3 and error code is off!
Using your expertise, we are going on a 6 hour trip tomorrow night. Probably won't need the AC running in the back. To keep the fridge running as we go down the road, the inverter will take care of that? We may stop during the trip for a catnap for a couple of hours. Should we then turn on the generator if we park at a rest stop?
We are so new to this and have been back to the dealership twice with wiring issues since we picked up our new camper three weeks ago. Don't want to mess anything up.
Learning as we go. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 roll View Post
That worked! It says 13.3 and error code is off!
Using your expertise, we are going on a 6 hour trip tomorrow night. Probably won't need the AC running in the back. To keep the fridge running as we go down the road, the inverter will take care of that? We may stop during the trip for a catnap for a couple of hours. Should we then turn on the generator if we park at a rest stop?
We are so new to this and have been back to the dealership twice with wiring issues since we picked up our new camper three weeks ago. Don't want to mess anything up.
Learning as we go. Thank you.
If you are running down the road and do not need the coach AC the inverter will handle the fridge (I am assuming you have a residential fridge). When you stop during your catnap the inverter should handle the few hours while sleeping unless you have other high load items running at the same time drawing from the coach batteries. If you plan to use the microwave while stopped you will need the generator because the microwave is not wired into the inverter.

Now, with that said and a question not yet asked is what is you coach battery configuration? Do you have one or two coach batteries and are they 12 volt or 6 volt batteries in series. Again an assumption on my part but I am going to guess that you have 2 12 volt house batteries. If you have only one 12 volt battery your time off the generator while stopped will be reduced.

Also, have you checked the settings on the AGS to ensure it is setup to start the generator before you start getting the inverter errors?
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post

....cut...

If you have only one 12 volt battery your time off the generator while stopped will be reduced.

......cut....
Did you mean to write inverter instead of generator?
Old 05-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Did you mean to write inverter instead of generator?
No, although it could be worded the time between generator runs for battery charging will be reduced.
FMCA - F432054