Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2022, 01:57 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Louisiana
THOR #27445
Thanks, guys, for your input. As you have figured out, I'm a little weak on the electric side of things. Thats why it's good to have a forum. So, my inverter is in the compartment next to house batteries and my transfer switch and converter is under the bed. My inverter control box shows me the battery voltage but not show input current or output power.
Inverter is a Xantrex PRO XM 1800 Do you guys think it could be my transfer switch or do you fill strong about the inverter being bad. If you think I need to test my transfer switch, I can go to u tube to see how it's done.

Old 08-29-2022, 03:29 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soap View Post
Thanks, guys, for your input. As you have figured out, I'm a little weak on the electric side of things. Thats why it's good to have a forum. So, my inverter is in the compartment next to house batteries and my transfer switch and converter is under the bed. My inverter control box shows me the battery voltage but not show input current or output power.
Inverter is a Xantrex PRO XM 1800 Do you guys think it could be my transfer switch or do you fill strong about the inverter being bad. If you think I need to test my transfer switch, I can go to u tube to see how it's done.
You should have two transfer switches. The one you are referring to is probably the one for generator and it is working OK since you stated that you have power when generator is on.

The Xantrex inverter should have another transfer switch built into the unit that either lets power flow around inverter, or else transfers (switches) so that inverter power flows to whatever is connected to inverter (but not everything in motorhome, since inverter isn’t large enough for that).

First thing I would do is check 12 VDC voltage right at inverter lugs to make sure inverter is getting battery power. It sounds like it is, but I always confirm the most basic stuff first. Also make certain inverter is turned on.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:45 PM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Like Chance said, the ATS for the inverter is integral to the inverter. We are NOT talking about the SP/Generator transfer switch by the converter/power center.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:06 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2121
Soap, by the way, in OP you mentioned microwave not running from inverter, but that’s probably normal. I doubt Thor wired your microwave to receive power from an 1,800 Watt inverter.

Xantrex should have troubleshooting somewhere on their site, or use provided documentation. I’m not familiar with your specific inverter, but it may be protected by fuses that need checking, etc. You “may” need a new inverter, but there is much I would check first prior to replacing.

https://xantrex.com/wp-content/uploa..._PROseries.pdf

P.S. — Some microwaves don’t work well powered by Modified Sine Wave inverters, so if you are thinking of some day in future powering microwave from inverter, and end up having to replace your present inverter, I’d strongly consider going to a Pure Sine Wave unit. Cost difference is not as much as it once was. That’s not to say you may not need additional upgrades beyond a PSW inverter. I just wouldn’t buy a MSW inverter to save a few dollars.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:20 PM   #25

THOR #27445
OK guys,
Thanks for all the input. I called Xantrex support, and they agree with what you guys were telling me. They told me to try a hard reset disconnect shore and batteries. Wait 30 min and connect batteries. My control panel to inverter showed readings on input current and output power for a couple seconds then went 0 on both.
Conclusion as you guys figured, bad inverter.
I will post a update after I install new inverter.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2022, 04:55 PM   #26

THOR #27445
Update.
Took forever to get the correct inverter. Remove and install new one. everything is working fine. Even the fridge.
Old 10-13-2022, 05:00 PM   #27

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Good job!
Old 06-13-2023, 01:14 PM   #28

State: Delaware
THOR #29938
I have a Xantrex pro, what do I do first with a eo2 reading?
Old 06-13-2023, 01:36 PM   #29

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
An E02 error means low input voltage. Are your house batteries fully charged?

Shut off the inverter... wait 10 seconds..... power it on and see if the error clears.

Then read the house battery voltage at rest and under a load.
Old 06-13-2023, 01:42 PM   #30

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
E02 indicates the house batteries are below 10.5 volts. You need to charge the batteries to at least 11.5 volts for the inverter to work properly.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:22 PM   #31

THOR #27445
Hello Dwight
Have you got your problem fixed?
For me I had power going to my inverter nothing going out. I got a new one and installed it my self. I don’t turn on inverter until I unplug from power, then start engine turn on inverter. Then I turn off before plugging back in. I have had no more problems.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:34 PM   #32

State: Delaware
THOR #29938
Inverter problem

Thank you for all your help. I put new batteries in and now I use a solar battery charger to keep it topped off when it’s in storage. Everything seems to be fine.