Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2017, 11:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24FS
State: Georgia
THOR #5981
Yes, that gray plastic nozzle that came w/your Thor Gemini 23TR Diesel HAS a purpose!

Yes, that gray plastic nozzle that came w/your Thor Gemini 23TR Diesel HAS a purpose!

I’ve been trying to easily add Power Service's "Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost" to my 2017 Thor Gemini 23TR’s (uses a 3.2 I-5 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel engine) Diesel fuel tank, but the green “EasyFuel” capless fuel door would not allow the addition of the additive.
There is the outer circular metal door visible in the center of the picture below, but there is also an inner door that cannot be easily opened…but insertion of a diesel fuel nozzle/handle at a gas-station will insert just fine through both doors.
When I tried to add Power Service's "Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost" using a funnel, etc., I just ended up having the additive pour down the side of the RV and not into the Diesel fuel tank.
I was about to give up, but decided to search for “EasyFuel Capless” and found some interesting stuff!
1. I watched this YouTube video:
and then this video
I suddenly realized that the funnel that came with my Thor (which by the way, the CampingWorld Chattanooga service department, had no idea what it was for…because I asked them) is called an “Easy Fuel Funnel”. Its purpose is to open both of the “EasyFuel” doors and allow:

a. Addition of diesel fuel to the fuel tank from a 1, 2, or 5 gallon can in an emergency “empty tank” situation.
b. Add diesel fuel additives.

3. I added a label to the plastic bag that the “Easy Fuel Funnel” is in that says:
EasyFuel Funnel
(required for adding emergency diesel fuel

or diesel additives to the diesel tank)

If you are unaware of the "EasyFuel" Funnel, then if you run out of fuel, you will be REALLY STUCK.

By the way, while research the above, I ran into a couple videos that talk about the fuel nozzel at a gas-station getting stuck in the EasyFuel door of a Ford Escape. I also saw a video of a quick fix involving cutting a piece out of a 64 oz soft-drink bottle (

Old 05-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24FS
State: Georgia
THOR #5981
attached is a pic of the EasyFuel capless "door" on my Thor Gemini 23TR

attached is a pic of the EasyFuel capless "door"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	106
Size:	852.6 KB