Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2021, 09:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
2021 f250 4x4

1st part of April my wife bought me (us) a 2021 f250 crew cab 4x4
its four down towable and may very well replace the 2012 edge she drives now and we use as a toad. we used to carry a 4x4 expedition on a trailer, but finally started using the edge as the main toad

well about 9 days ago i had to make a screaming run to fl from our house, and back the next day (1300 miles) stayed at a hotel and left early the next day. I had to go collect our grand dog zera.

long story

but the take away is....the 250 might be moving up to the primary TOAD spot. I drove 77 to 78 mph most of the entire trip except about but 40 miles on I 10 near layette . i

i kid you not...look at picture 23 mpg was the norm...yes 23 in a 4x4 3/4 ton pickup..OMG thats 2 better than the edge and i stopped for fuel with 100 miles to go, in loxley AL and then topped off the next day at same place in Al and arrived at my station about 30 miles from home with again a tad over 100 miles to go till empty (34 gallon tank)

when i got on I 20 in lindale tx it was at 19 and within an hr was up to 21 and it never stopped climbing until 23
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	june 2021 fl trip (1).jpg
Views:	38
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	31692   Click image for larger version

Name:	june 2021 fl trip (2).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	31693