Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2020, 04:43 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: New York
THOR #15036
Axis 25.2

Yes we reinforced the frame and it seems to be holding up so far. Got 5000 miles towing.Front end alignment with rear track bar. Bigger sway bars front and rear and front steering stabilizer have made Daddy much happier and less stressed towing

Old 10-02-2020, 07:19 PM   #22

Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
Yes we reinforced the frame and it seems to be holding up so far. Got 5000 miles towing.Front end alignment with rear track bar. Bigger sway bars front and rear and front steering stabilizer have made Daddy much happier and less stressed towing
I have my car and trailer loaded and connected to an unaltered 2020 Axis 25.6. No matter what the hitch tongue weight is rated at I know from looking at my frame extension it cannot handle even 500 lbs. Do you have pictures of your modification? There is not much room for mods on mine because of holding tanks.
The trailer was supposed to be a 15' with 3' dovetail. I got taken. It is a 16' with the dovetail cut 1' short which put the axles too far back for proper weight distribution. I'm thinking about moving the axles but that may be too big of a job. Where the car is sitting in the photo is the only position that tows well. Any ideas would be appreciated. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #23

State: New York
THOR #20963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
Glenn, Where in NY do you live. I am working though a similar issue. I have two motorcycles that I would love to carry on one of these.

https://www.cruiserlifts.com/collect...w58-dual-wheel

I am looking at reinforcing the stock hitch to take more tongue weight.

Can you tell me who did your work?
Old 12-31-2020, 02:30 PM   #24

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #14187
I also have 24.1 and am thinking of towing a vehicle. I curious about your setup, what kind of trailer with what vehicle loaded on it? Thanks