Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2020, 01:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: South Carolina
THOR #18271
Question Towed Vehicle has no blinkers or brake lights

Does anyone has a diagram for a fuse box (near driver left side) for a 2015 Thor Hurricane 31S? My manual does not resemble my fuse box. Or does anyone have any idea where else to begin to look for the problem besides what I've already done??? Thought it was the wiring harness to the receiver, but after straight wiring it I still have the same problem. Both vehicle work fine separately, it is just until you hitch them up that the towed vehicle doesn't have and blinkers or brake lights. Hitched towed vehicle to another vehicle and it works fine, so I'm back to trying to locate the proper fuses that control the blinkers/brake light on towed vehicle. It worked fine for awhile and then all the sudden we just lost them. Lost as to where to look next....

Old 03-05-2020, 01:38 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Tow vehicle = vehicle doing the towing.
Towed vehicle = vehicle being towed.

Does that match your description and problem?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:44 AM   #3

THOR #18271
Post is now Corrected....looking for the proper fuse in the RV that runs the blinkers/brake lights on the towed vehicle. Or advice as to where else to look to get this problem solved.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:51 AM   #4

Model: hurricane 29m
State: Arkansas
THOR #7095
Maybe a long shot but if they each work independently, sounds like it’s not getting grounded to me.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:10 AM   #5

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjeepjk View Post
Maybe a long shot but if they each work independently, sounds like it’s not getting grounded to me.

Agreed. Run a ground wire from your hitch frame to your TOAD frame and see if that fixes it. I know you mentioned it working fine with another towed vehicle-so did our TOAD when we had our Georgetown-worked w/o a ground wire. However, it does not with our Aria. Adding the ground wire solved it.
GVP
Old 03-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Had an issue with the Challenger before trading it in. The manner in which the six pin connector on the TOAD was wired caused an intermittent short which caused both fuses (left and right turn) to blow on the coach. It also blew the fuses on the new coach, the Accolade, the first time we hooked up. It was an intermittent issue and the RoadMaster rep came out to the house and rewired my setup and I haven't had any issue since.

The F53 owners manual will tell you which fuses and relays control the trailer towing (7 pin) connector. The fuses may be in the Power Distribution Center under the hood and not under the dash depending on how your unit is configured.

First thing to do is to take a multimeter and determine if you are getting power to all of the pins on the 7 pin. If not, the problem is a fuse or coach wiring. If you are the issue is with the wiring to or on the TOAD. You can use a 12VDC test light for this if you don't have a multi meter.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:20 AM   #7

THOR #18271
Re: Towed Vehicle has no blinkers or brake lights

Well after triple checking everything and alot of days of hunting I circled back to one of the fuse boxes to recheck and ended up finding 2 fuses that were blown. Still cannot find any diagram that will list which fuse is what, these do not look anything like what is in my owners manual!!! (pic attached i think) Anyhow after changing and taking a trip, things are back to operating correctly. Thanks for all the responses!!! Now off to find out how to remedy a P0300 code UGH!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuses.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	23172