Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-23-2023, 10:47 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
Posts: 2
THOR #29280
Hitch height on '22 Thor Axis 25.6

Hi Everyone Iím new here and to RVíing, and am planning ahead for getting my TOAD set up. I donít have the Axis yet with me. Does anyone know what the height off the ground is of the trailer hitch on a í22 Axis 25.6? Either to the bottom of the hitch or On Center. My guess is something like 16Ē-18Ē and I donít want to have to take a drive to see the RV again until I have to. Thanks in advance. Dumb question probably. Oh well.

__________________
MVD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
HMCSW's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
Posts: 701
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVD123 View Post
Hi Everyone Iím new here and to RVíing, and am planning ahead for getting my TOAD set up. I donít have the Axis yet with me. Does anyone know what the height off the ground is of the trailer hitch on a í22 Axis 25.6? Either to the bottom of the hitch or On Center. My guess is something like 16Ē-18Ē and I donít want to have to take a drive to see the RV again until I have to. Thanks in advance. Dumb question probably. Oh well.
Installer of your toad side should have an idea. Should not really matter as the tow plate for your toad is usually limited. The receiver on the Axis can have a drop extension if needed. I think with the Roadmaster there is a few inches up or down that are fine. We tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee and no adapter. When we towed an Escalade we added a 4 inch drop.
__________________
2021 Aria 3401
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - toad
2010 Porsche Boxster(trailered)
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:20 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
Posts: 2
THOR #29280
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
Installer of your toad side should have an idea. Should not really matter as the tow plate for your toad is usually limited. The receiver on the Axis can have a drop extension if needed. I think with the Roadmaster there is a few inches up or down that are fine. We tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee and no adapter. When we towed an Escalade we added a 4 inch drop.
OK. Thank you. I didnt want to get into too much detail and consume anyone's time here, but I'm looking at a TOAD that is kind of low to the ground with Blue Ox tow bars installed and thought it would be smart to have the tow bars as level as possible. So thats kind of where I am at now, like you also suggested, thinking of getting a drop extension along with the TOAD. But good advice. Thanks.
__________________
MVD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:08 AM   #4
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 11,708
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVD123 View Post
OK. Thank you. I didnt want to get into too much detail and consume anyone's time here, but I'm looking at a TOAD that is kind of low to the ground with Blue Ox tow bars installed and thought it would be smart to have the tow bars as level as possible. So thats kind of where I am at now, like you also suggested, thinking of getting a drop extension along with the TOAD. But good advice. Thanks.
Not only smart, but the tow bar manufacturer will have a requirement that they be within X inches (normally less than 3) of each other.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:35 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 5,671
THOR #13932
Any adjustable tow hitch/ball will do.
__________________
Below is a link to most of my modifications either accomplished or pending.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...n-18996-3.html

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2