Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2019, 02:40 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
In my humble opinion, if you are having trouble getting a response, it is the dealer not Road Master. When I had my sway bars installed the dealer had to cut a bolt off because they could not get it off. Dealer said it would be a week or more before they could get new bolts. I called Roadmaster and they ship new ones via overnight and I had them the next day. More recently I was having trouble with my invisibrake that I have had for years so it was way beyond the warranty period. Roadmaster shipped me a new one complete with all new components for $800 exchange. If anyone is having trouble, call Roadmaster customer service. I have found them to be first class all the way. Good luck and safe travels.

brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:53 AM   #22

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
In my humble opinion, if you are having trouble getting a response, it is the dealer not Road Master. When I had my sway bars installed the dealer had to cut a bolt off because they could not get it off. Dealer said it would be a week or more before they could get new bolts. I called Roadmaster and they ship new ones via overnight and I had them the next day. More recently I was having trouble with my invisibrake that I have had for years so it was way beyond the warranty period. Roadmaster shipped me a new one complete with all new components for $800 exchange. If anyone is having trouble, call Roadmaster customer service. I have found them to be first class all the way. Good luck and safe travels.
My gut tells me my dealer is swamped with winterizing work. We are having unseasonal cold around here and I'm guessing they are all hands on deck trying to keep up. As I have my coach winterized and I have our Cherokee at home I have not been pushing too hard to get our Invisbrake re-installed and our ACE back from the dealer's lot. BUT if the delay really is on Roadmaster than over two weeks without a response is unacceptable. Thus I will call the service rep at our dealer and ask if they have heard anything from Roadmaster. If he says no then I will tell him I am calling RM myself. If the delay is our dealer than that should force their hand to get my warranty install done
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:15 AM   #23

THOR #14698
Update: My dealer got the controller back on Monday 11/11 and we have an appt to reinstall Friday 11/15. Roadmaster had my controller since 10/25. Seems to be long time to be waiting on a warranty repair. If we were traveling that would be 18 days sitting in one place then another 5 days waiting on a dealer to find time to get the install done. IDK does that seem acceptable to you guys/ gals?
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 11-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Update: My dealer got the controller back on Monday 11/11 and we have an appt to reinstall Friday 11/15. Roadmaster had my controller since 10/25. Seems to be long time to be waiting on a warranty repair. If we were traveling that would be 18 days sitting in one place then another 5 days waiting on a dealer to find time to get the install done. IDK does that seem acceptable to you guys/ gals?
Glad to hear it may be coming together for you. If you were traveling Roadmaster might have replaced at a trailer shop rather than repair at your RV shop speeding up the repair. Since a dealer goofed my installation I was happy waiting for the Roadmaster rep to get it right at the house.

I guess this is one of the chances we take to get the convenience of a permanent rather than a portable system.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:28 AM   #25

THOR #14698
Well now that our travel season is done (at least til after New Years) we have our controller back and installed. Worked as advertised the 40+ miles back from the dealer. The invoice from Roadmaster just says "factory rebuilt" and the date it was done. I think I need to satisfy my curiosity and call them to see what actually failed in the controller.
Roadmaster Invisibrake