Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #19360
I second the suggestion of Saddlesore. I have a 2005 Scion XB with 5 speed manual. Leave key in and switch to ACC. De activate emergency brake. Put transmission in neutral. Disconnect battery and your off!
The whole procedure is in the car's manual under "Dinghy towing".
Alajeu

Old 10-25-2020, 10:49 PM   #42

Model: 2019 Freedom Traveler A30
State: Oregon
THOR #15824
Smile 2020 Civic Sedan Sport

We tow a 2020 Honda Civic Sedan Sport MT 4 down. It's right around 2800 lbs. and is towable 4 down per the owner's guide. Roadmaster makes a baseplate for this car. In fact, they made the first one for us so the template is now stock. Not an SUV but really fun to drive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 3.42.38 PM.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	26877   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	26879  

Old 10-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #43

State: North Carolina
THOR #15700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rddownie View Post
I have a very nice 2016 Ford Focus Hatchback set up for flat towing for sale. It has 26 K miles, new battery and tows very easy. Black with white interior, runs perfectly. First $ 13,000 gets it. Located in Western N.C.
Thanks
Bob Downie
828-200-3228
More info on the 2016 Ford Focus I am selling. It is less than 3000 lbs. Four door, seats 4 people comfortably. We tow it with a Thor ACE 30.4. Don't know its even behind us and we live in the western NC mountains. It also has a simple battery disconnect. It takes no more than 10 minutes to hook up to the Motor Home.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:04 AM   #44

State: Arizona
THOR #18608
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! Found a decent 1986 Samurai with a new engine and then added new paint and interior. Have towed it now on several lengthy trips and it’s perfect for us! Only weighs 2100 lbs somewhere don’t even know it’s back there. 5 speed manual transmission and good 4WD. Very nice TOAD!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C396F979-A647-4119-ADA2-68085446685E.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	31543  
Old 06-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #45
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations!
Don't forget to put the sign in it's rear window that says, "l'm pushing as fast as I can!"
Old 06-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #46

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDelanoRw View Post
I was looking at the Sonic as well then saw the procedure.

Sonic

Special Procedures: Run the engine at the beginning of each day and at each RV fuel stop for about 5 minutes. Shift auto transmission to P (Park), turn ignition off. Set parking brake. To prevent battery from draining while vehicle is being towed, remove the DLIS fuse from fuse block. For Keyless Access vehicles, remove BCM1 and BCM2 fuses from the instrument panel fuse block and fuse 7 from the engine com- partment fuse block. Turn ignition on, apply brake pedal. Shift transmission to Neutral. Turn ignition to ACC/ACCESSORY. Release parking brake. Re-install fuses once destination has been reached.

Spark
Special Procedures: Shift the transmission to Neutral. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Cover negative battery post with non-conduc- tive material. Release parking brake.

Just seemed like Spark was much easier, and since I drive a stick regularly in other vehicles, it worked for me. Maybe those procedures are not always the case depending on year.

Jeff
I tow a Spark. Easy peasy…. Great mileage (40mpg) and feels like more legroom than my Ridgeline
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote