Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2021, 12:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7805
Tire Minder Issues

Been using Tire Minder TM-77 since Oct 2018 on our motorhome and tow car, 2018 Jeep Cherokee. Works fine on MH but have had issues on the car. Tire Minder transmitters have bent a valve core, caused the valve core to stick in the open position, and had to replace another valve core. And might have caused a tire to go flat overnight. Luckily we weren't planning to leave. Has anyone had any issues with them?

Old 06-30-2021, 12:31 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22687
Not like that. We had new valve stems installed on the inner rear tires to get Tire Minder to register.

How long on the valve stems on your car?
Old 06-30-2021, 01:15 AM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’ve not had any problems on my coach or towed with my Tire Minder. I had your system for several years and recently upgraded to the i110. It is smaller and more accurate a d displays all 10 tires easily. TM does recommend that you only use their senders on tires with metal valve stems but I haven’t and have not had a problem.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:19 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Never had that problem

Just a note to tireminder users. Don't over tighten the sensors. It only needs a quarter to half turn after hearing the air stop coming out. I was cranking them down tight

I had problems with the sensors not changing temps while driving and I know driving causes the temps to rise. Called tire minder and we finally figured out it was user error, me. No more problems now

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:53 AM   #5

THOR #7805
Standard valve stems on Cherokee. I may be tightening the transmitters too much. Have to check that. May upgrade to i110. Thanks for your info.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:38 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I have a sensor that does not like increases in elevation while climbing mountains. Going to request a replacement from Minder.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:44 AM   #7

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I had same problem as Jerry (Halfprice). Was over tightening. Snug is all you need. I was paranoid that the sensor would cause a leak. A year later we’re fine.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:14 AM   #8
MLP

THOR #17478
Never had a problem except for the first set. From a different brand. They would alarm and said I lost air down to 20psi. Called the company and it turned out that they had the assembly plant change a part without otherization and caused the failure in the entire batch. They did not even ask for my purchase proof and sent new sensors. Got them in three days. Over tighten the sensors and it will ruin the o-ring seal. All the sensors I have purchased included replacement o-ring seals. You should also have metal valve stems or they will eventually crack and leak.