Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
Got under the rig to see how to mount one. Looks like I could modify the two skid plates to mount something but kinda defeats the purpose of those if I bottom out. Does this fold away when it closes the gap or does it just crush?

The rear wall on my rig extended down below the flooring a couple of inches. I just drilled several holes, about 12, through this wall and used nuts and bolts to hang the mud flap. Really a simple job. Sorry I can't help you with yours.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #22

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbear View Post
The rear wall on my rig extended down below the flooring a couple of inches. I just drilled several holes, about 12, through this wall and used nuts and bolts to hang the mud flap. Really a simple job. Sorry I can't help you with yours.
Lucky you. Fiberglass for me back there.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #23

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
We've been towing our CR-V behind our MHs for about 8 yrs. The CR-V so far has a dent on the top of the right fender, experienced two broken windows and some body work and paint. The fender dent was caused by the kids portable basketball goal falling on it and the rest was caused by a huge limb that broke off of a old and very large sweet gum tree. It was cut down a couple of years later. As for tow protection I carry a large bottle of Windex. Never needed anything else. There's usually a car wash around or it can wait. Life is short.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #24

Model: 31W
State: Virginia
THOR #9713
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I use the Protect-A-Tow, and like that it packs small and light, and is pretty easy to install and remove. We did a 5500 mile trip this summer using it, towing a CR-V behind a Chateau class C. It did get a couple of small holes in it where it rubbed on the drop hitch. This didn't cause a problem, but the company sent me some patch material that I glued on with PVC cement so now that area is repaired and reinforced. Also, I think if I had shortened the loop that the cross-bar goes through it might have kept this from happening.

[emoji106]
Old 10-26-2019, 10:12 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #17166
The first line of defense is stopping the rocks where they start, behind the tire. It needs to be the full width of the tires, and preferably an inch out to each side. Make them as long as possible but not so long that they hit the ground when you air down. Without air, put them 5" off the ground.
Then the rear mud flap stops anything that does get under the mud flap, and everything picked up by the wind created under the coach as it moves down the road. It needs to be at least 4" off the ground to keep from hitting the ground or creating a wind tunnel effect that throws rocks up at the toad.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:40 AM   #26

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
We use the Roadmaster Tow Defender between the MH and the Cherokee. The Tow Defender in conjunction with a the factory rear wheel flaps have kept done the job protecting the Jeep. Tow defender is attached to your tow bar, rolls up and stows on back of the MH.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote