Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum WS31
State: Texas
THOR #18253
Tongue weight

What is the max hitch weight a 32 ft 2018 Thor Quantum E450 can handle. Thinking about hauling a 2020 jeep wrangler diesel on a trailer instead of flat towing after looking at the problems with all the brake setups out on the market today. Mainly the tongue weight is a little foggy as to what the books all say need someone with real experience at hauling something.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywkender View Post
What is the max hitch weight a 32 ft 2018 Thor Quantum E450 can handle. Thinking about hauling a 2020 jeep wrangler diesel on a trailer instead of flat towing after looking at the problems with all the brake setups out on the market today. Mainly the tongue weight is a little foggy as to what the books all say need someone with real experience at hauling something.

It’ll be printed on a sticker on the hitch and, I think, on the yellow sticker inside. Don’t neglect to consider the CVWR too. I’d sure like to have a new diesel Wrangler! I tow my LJ flat with a Stay in Play brake system. Only about 2000 miles so far but flawless brakes at the flip of a switch and hook-up is literally less than 10 minutes. Enjoy your toys!
Old 03-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
You should have an 8000 lb hitch capable of pulling 7500 lbs at the coach's GVWR. Your hitch will have at least a 500 lb tongue rating, maybe up to 800 lb.

Your limitation will be the rear axle weight rating, many of these class Cs are shipped at or over the rear axle weight rating from the factory.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I think the trailer will take you way over standard parameters and way under legal speed limits.

Please tell us what bad things you've heard about the braking systems.
With 10's of thousands of members here I don't think we've heard much bad about braking systems.
They are stupidly expensive for no particular reason and cost more than a trailer, but nothing bad is universally read of them since maybe the 1950's.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote