Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Tow Dolly Balancing Beads

I just bought a brand new Acme Car Tow Dolly and the wheels have balancing beads inside them with no external balance weights. As part of the car tow dolly package, I was given an extra set of dolly wheels with the bags of balancing beads among other things. Have any of you ever had an issue with a tire going out of balance with the beads? I plan on taking one extra wheel with rim with the car tow dolly in the event I have a blow out and will bring along one bag of the balancing beads with me in case I have to have a tire replaced while on the road. I have been told that some upper end Class A motor home tires use the balancing beads and not external wheel weights.

Paul

Old 04-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
I have been using my ACME tow dolly for 3 summers now. I am on my 2nd set of tires. Balancing beads on the original tires. Never had any issues with them. I am not sure how to tell if they ever went out of balance though. But my dolly pulled straight, using my previous Class C. (Haven't towed it yet using our new THOR Class A).

Using regular balancing weight from Discount Tires now as I purchased my replacement tires from them. But they do not have balancing beads available. I pulled it about 4K miles with no problem (using regular lead weights).
ador is offline   Reply With Quote