Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2018, 04:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Which magnetic lights

i just bought a tow dolly that has it's own lights. Doing some research, I found that this is not enough in many states, because my vehicle will be at least four feet behind the lights, and thus requires it's own lights.
The easiest way to achieve this would be a set of the magnetic lights on the back of the vehicle.
I searched Amazon and found that I can get lights for a price between $20 and $300. reading through the ratings, I found that many lights, regardless of their price, have a magnetic base that seems not to be strong enough, and tend to be blown of the toad.
Do you guys have any experience with magnetic tow lights and can recommend some that stay on the vehicle and not get blow to the ground once the setup is moving?

Any advise and information is really welcome!

Old 02-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
Believe it or not, I picked up a set of magnetic lights from AutoZone for around $20.00 or so. Used them for probably 6 trips to Florida from NY and return. Never once did they move around or fall off. Hooked them up to the hitch wiring on the MH for power. Worked great.