Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
TPMS Recommendations

Toad is a Ford Focus looking for recommendations for a Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

Thanks...

Old 10-25-2021, 05:20 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I assume that the Ford Focus is your Toad. Tymate with its repeater should work well. You probably will need the repeater due to the long distance from the rear Toad tires to the front of your MH. The display is solar powered, requires no wiring and even indirect solar keeps mine always fully charged.

David
Old 10-25-2021, 05:50 PM   #3

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I use EEz tpms and it's worked great for two yrs. now. I can sit in my house, 50ft. from my rv that's in the driveway, and it still reads everything.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:11 PM   #4

THOR #22781
Thanks...
Old 10-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #5

THOR #22781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I assume that the Ford Focus is your Toad. Tymate with its repeater should work well. You probably will need the repeater due to the long distance from the rear Toad tires to the front of your MH. The display is solar powered, requires no wiring and even indirect solar keeps mine always fully charged.

David
Thanks good information.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:50 PM   #6

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
I used the TST507 on all 10 wheels of my dually & 40' 5th wheel with no booster needed.
They have user replaceable batteries easily found at Walmart or Batteries + & great customer service if needed.
Has it's own separate monitor, which IMHO is mandatory not a cell phone app, that read pressures & temperatures constantly scrolling through all sensors.
After 6+ years of full-time use I replaced 6 of the 10 batteries.
Sold the system to a friend that used it another 2 years & replaced 2 batteries before selling his RV with the system included.
I do not work for TST nor do I get any compensation from them, but I do highly recommend this system & remember you get what you pay for.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:48 PM   #7

Model: 40KQ
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24608
I have the Tire Minder i10 Found it on amazon and got some points for the purchase .
I have had no problems with it so far but only owned it for a month.

Mike and Cat
Old 10-25-2021, 09:49 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
I used the TST507 on all 10 wheels of my dually & 40' 5th wheel with no booster needed.
They have user replaceable batteries easily found at Walmart or Batteries + & great customer service if needed.
Has it's own separate monitor, which IMHO is mandatory not a cell phone app, that read pressures & temperatures constantly scrolling through all sensors.
Sold the system to a friend that used it another 2 years & replaced 2 batteries before selling his RV with the system included.
I do not work for TST nor do I get any compensation from them, but I do highly recommend this system & remember you get what you pay for.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:53 PM   #9

THOR #22781
Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Old 10-25-2021, 10:04 PM   #10

THOR #22781
Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by First RV 4 me View Post
I have the Tire Minder i10 Found it on amazon and got some points for the purchase .

Mike and Cat
Old 10-25-2021, 10:14 PM   #11

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by First RV 4 me View Post

Mike and Cat
Same here... TireMinder i10 with 10 sensors. Flat tow a Jeep Wrangler. All Tireminder setups come with a booster now, which pretty much eliminates dropped signals from sensors.

I mounted our booster under the MH near the rear axle with the antennas pointing down. Spliced the wiring into a storage compartment light's wiring so it would turn off with battery disconnect switch.

It's worked perfectly so far... a little pricey, but worth it for the quality and reliability.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:17 PM   #12

THOR #22781
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Same here... TireMinder i10 with 10 sensors. Flat tow a Jeep Wrangler. All Tireminder setups come with a booster now, which pretty much eliminates dropped signals from sensors.

I mounted our booster under the MH near the rear axle with the antennas pointing down. Spliced the wiring into a storage compartment light's wiring so it would turn off with battery disconnect switch.

It's worked perfectly so far... a little pricey, but worth it for the quality and reliability.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:35 PM   #13

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
X2 on TireMinder i10. It’s accurate, reliable and easy to use. I don’t like to have my phone tied up so specifically wanted a clear display of all 10 tires. Also the people at TireMinder are wonderfully helpful. And they’ll send you new sensor batteries for free every year.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:40 PM   #14

THOR #22781
Thanks appreciate your input.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:57 PM   #15

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
When I had the Itasca DP and towed a Jeep I used the EEZtire with a repeater. I went with the RVI and Tire Patrol this time around. Most of the systems are similar and the important consideration is to have one.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #16

THOR #22781
Thanks.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #17
sip

State: California
THOR #5882
+1 huge vote to TST 507 ... I have had mine for over 2 years and haven't had to replace sensor batteries yet either. Didn't need antenna extension with the display on the Vegas 24.1 dash and towing TJ ... monitoring all 10 wheels is great.

When I tow the boat with the grand cherokee, I swap the 4 sensors from the TJ to the boat .. and it's pretty easy on the display to just monitor a "trailer" when towing the boat. Works great and at least once it helped me catch a near catastrophic tire that was losing pressure fast super quick when the alarm went off.

The temp readings are a great help too .. helps me know if I am ever dragging a trailer brake or something fishy going on.
Old 10-31-2021, 04:52 AM   #18

Model: Chateau
State: Arizona
THOR #20670
I agree. I have been using a EZZ tire monitor system for 3 years without any issues. The set up is easy and you can talk to a customer service person in the USA if you have a question.
Old 10-31-2021, 02:41 PM   #19

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post
+1 huge vote to TST 507 ... I have had mine for over 2 years and haven't had to replace sensor batteries yet either. Didn't need antenna extension with the display on the Vegas 24.1 dash and towing TJ ... monitoring all 10 wheels is great.

When I tow the boat with the grand cherokee, I swap the 4 sensors from the TJ to the boat .. and it's pretty easy on the display to just monitor a "trailer" when towing the boat. Works great and at least once it helped me catch a near catastrophic tire that was losing pressure fast super quick when the alarm went off.

The temp readings are a great help too .. helps me know if I am ever dragging a trailer brake or something fishy going on.
Another vote for the TST 507. We use the flow through sensors on the coach and cap type on the dolly and the truck. If we are going to tow one of the cars, we just transfer the rear caps from the truck. Still working perfectly after 6 years.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:51 PM   #20

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Has anyone experienced a tire monitor that doesn't respond? I replaced batteries #1632 and this seems to resolve issue. How long do the batteries last at each tire? These batteries were only 6 months old.