Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2016, 03:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #3454
wiring brake controller on a miramar 34.2

I have a grey plug with the pigtail that came with Unit to hard wire on to my control box. Does anyone know where the grey plug goes plunged into. Can't find anything under the dash???? Thanks

Old 02-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Wiring

Is the brake controller for the electric brakes on a tow dolly? If so what, brand controller do you have?
Old 02-02-2016, 12:55 AM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #3454
Yes its for electric trailer brakes. Not just for Dollies but any elec. Brakes. All controllers are wired the same. But I don't see where to plug in this harness, That came in my ford package. I spoke to a friend of mine and he says I can't use the grey plug pigtail because Thor does not offer a place to plug it in.. I have to hard wire it in, but apparently the RV has one blue wire pre run from the back of dash to the 7 pin plug in the back, just need to locate curled up blue wire by steering column. You have Any idea about this????
Old 02-02-2016, 01:27 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Wiring

Hi, When I installed my brake controller there was a open plug up under the dash just to the right of the steering column. Check the owners manual for your Ford chassis I believe that is where I found about the plug. I bought a cord that was made specifically for connecting the Ford plug to my controller. There was no need to splice into any wires. Very easy, hardest part was finding the plug. We have a 2015 Thor Windsport 27K. Good luck.
John