Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor RV Lifestyle (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/)
-   -   Looking for a new grill (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/looking-new-grill-10742.html)

sage 01-23-2018 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmett (Post 105406)
No. I don't jest, and who you calling Shirley?

Really?!? I'm a dyed in the wool, card carrying computer geek and I have to say that I can't envision a justifiable reason for controlling a grill by WiFi. What, you can start it up with your phone? From Singapore? Won't that steak be a little over cooked by the time you can get home? And how do you turn it? :eek:

Bob Denman 01-23-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronmac (Post 105420)
Can I ask how you modified it to run on low pressure?

Since I've got a low-pressure grille: I never paid attention to this easy process. :o
But I do know that it's been discussed in here quite a bit. Try searching for "low pressure grilles". I think that this process popped up during those conversations.

Mike in AZ 01-23-2018 01:17 PM

I bought a Coleman XLE and yeah, it’s heavy and it does take up a cargo bay. But I like it. My brother in law gave me an extra cook top (for pots and pans) which was a nice addition.

Emmett 01-24-2018 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sage (Post 105429)
Really?!? I'm a dyed in the wool, card carrying computer geek and I have to say that I can't envision a justifiable reason for controlling a grill by WiFi. What, you can start it up with your phone? From Singapore? Won't that steak be a little over cooked by the time you can get home? And how do you turn it? :eek:

I do a reverse sear a lot. Just tonight while camping at Fort Wilderness I smoked a nice thick ribeye at 150 for almost an hour and finished it at 425 without leaving our motorhome. I suppose you could never do that with a gas grill. The meat thermometer plugs into the grill so I can get a real time reading on the internal temp. The PID control sets the temperature inside the grill precisely, why not change it remotely? Oh... I didn't flip the steak.

schreinertms 01-24-2018 09:10 AM

Blackstone grills available on Amazon came recommended by someone we follow on YouTube.

JamieGeek 01-24-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sage (Post 105429)

I don't know: Emmett may have just given me a reason to upgrade the BBQ! LOL

Looks like there is now a CharBroil grill with WiFi too.

Note that there are a ton of bluetooth/wifi temperature probes available.

GaryH 02-04-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sage (Post 105187)
And my prime candidates are the Coleman Road Trip XLE and the Coleman RoadTrip X-=Cursion. Iím wondering what the community has to say about choosing between these two.

Dont know about those two. I bought a weber Q2200 and portable stand at a garage sale for $25. It cooks great. I store the grill, stand and 2 chairs in the rear compartment under the rear slideout of my citation 24sr.

halfprice 02-04-2018 01:23 AM

I currently use an 18" Weber charcoal grill. Love the charcoal grill flavor, but it can be a pain waiting for the charcoal to heat up. Ive been thinking about getting the Blackstone flat top grill. HSN has a 22" thats exclusive to them.. That would be the perfect size for me. I just want to try one out first before buying it. $200 is a little to much to spend for an experiment.

Ive used the Coleman and didnt like it. Had the Weber 1200 and it was good.

Jerry

revjeffrey 02-04-2018 02:35 AM

I use this with small green gas bottles. Worked great has nice storage bag included. We travel with 5.

Cadac 8910-40 Carri Chef 2 Outdoor Grill with Pot Stand, Barbeque Grid and Chef Pan.

SuperD 02-04-2018 03:34 AM

Stainless Magma Grills made for boating are great and never wear out! I still use one I got around 1987, just give it a good cleaning once in a while. The mount made for boat railings works great to attach the grill to the ladder.

RV Pirate 02-04-2018 02:49 PM

Check out Blackstone Tailgater. 1/2 gas grill, 1/2 flat grill. Love ours.

Bob Denman 02-04-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieGeek (Post 105569)
I don't know: Emmett may have just given me a reason to upgrade the BBQ! LOL

:lol: Is there an App for that?
"Grille Ver. 2.01" :rofl:

KC8RXQ 02-04-2018 09:02 PM

I'd like to use the Weber Q1200 but am a bit concerned about whether it would fit in the side compartment of my Synergy TT24 as I would rather and the rear compartment for chairs and stuff. Has anyone traveled with this style Q and had problems storing it?

Ed L
2016 Thor Synergy TT24 3.0L V6

EDZZ 02-10-2018 05:15 AM

I bought the Giantex 20,000 btu from amazon for r $115 great grill
sears and grills perfectly

lmiller 02-10-2018 04:38 PM

Owner of a 2017 Thor Aria. We purchased a Coleman grill and after many burned hamburgers we needed to make a change. Purchased a Blackstone tailgater portable gas grill and griddle combo. Purchased on amazon for less than we paired foe Coleman. Very happy with the new grill.

Terry 02-10-2018 05:06 PM

I have a Coleman road trip interchangeable plates for griddle and a one burner for cooking or frying

Trmisinco 02-13-2018 12:16 PM

My vote goes to the Weber Q, by far the best grill for the buck, also itís very easy to convert to use low pressure port.

jdharrington 02-13-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trmisinco (Post 108181)
My vote goes to the Weber Q, by far the best grill for the buck, also itís very easy to convert to use low pressure port.

We have a Thor Windsport 29M.

What is required to convert the Weber Q1200 to low pressure and connect to our 50lb Propane tank?

Do I need to just buy the Weber 6501 Adapter Hose for Weber Q-Series or is there another adapter needed to connect to the propane tank on our rig?

Thanks

RV Pirate 02-13-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdharrington (Post 108207)
We have a Thor Windsport 29M.

What is required to convert the Weber Q1200 to low pressure and connect to our 50lb Propane tank?

Do I need to just buy the Weber 6501 Adapter Hose for Weber Q-Series or is there another adapter needed to connect to the propane tank on our rig?

Thanks

Just hook in downstream of the regulator on your big tank and you're good.

jdharrington 02-13-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV Pirate (Post 108210)
Just hook in downstream of the regulator on your big tank and you're good.

I don't think the adapter on the connection of my rig is compatible with the Weber 6501 Adapter Hose for Weber Q-Series adapter for a regular propane tank. Isn't there another adapter needed for the 50lb tank on my rig?