Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Owners Community Discussions (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   Motorhome covers (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/motorhome-covers-10881.html)

Ikslarog 02-03-2018 03:12 PM

Motorhome covers

Looking for recommendations on where to purchase a cover for our thor axis 2014. 24.1 with bike rack on back.
Want zipper for access to doors.
I'm in California, but may be storing in snow at times
Winds are pretty heavy as well.
Thanks for Ang suggestions.

Bob Denman 02-03-2018 03:15 PM

Camping World seems to always have a good selection...

...and you can even order from them online!

Happy shopping! :thumb:

steve76 02-03-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikslarog (Post 106888)
Looking for recommendations on where to purchase a cover for our thor axis 2014. 24.1 with bike rack on back.
Want zipper for access to doors.
I'm in California, but may be storing in snow at times
Winds are pretty heavy as well.
Thanks for Ang suggestions.

Don't know your exact where abouts in CA. but many years ago I had a 36' Monaco and lived in a boating community in N. CA. Had a canvas guy build me a very good quality canvas that was custom fit for what I needed for my coach. Sure, was more expensive but he made it out of really good quality Sunbrella material, brass zippers here and there for access areas I wanted. Lasted for many, many years without tearing etc. also made to snap easy on and off. I'm elderly now and have a small Class C stored inside, so not necessary for cover now. One I had back then, never came apart, never blew off, was bolstered not to wear through fiberglass etc.

Ikslarog 02-03-2018 03:39 PM

I currently located in san Diego ca.

steve76 02-03-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikslarog (Post 106900)
I currently located in san Diego ca.

Definitely area where there should be lot's of good canvas shops. I you pursue, pick one that makes canvas covers for motor yachts. As you probably know, yachts can be very large and very irregular shapes in areas and require snap and zip enclosures to secure.

Ikslarog 02-03-2018 03:53 PM

Will definitely look into that. Thanks for the tips.

JamieGeek 02-03-2018 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you end up looking for a plain old RV cover look at the Class-C covers they will fit your Axis much better than a Class-A one since your Axis is pretty much the same size as a 25ft Class-C (and is probably identical to ours).
I went with an Adco one from Camping World:
Attachment 8861
There is probably enough left over at the back to cover the bike rack as well.

Ikslarog 02-03-2018 11:41 PM

Class c cover for class a thor axis

Does this cover have a zipper on the over side to access to the door or compartments?

JamieGeek 02-03-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikslarog (Post 106953)
Does this cover have a zipper on the over side to access to the door or compartments?

Yes the door side is segmented with about 4 different panels all zippered together.

Baddad53 02-05-2018 10:53 PM

Calmark Covers are manufactured in Oxnard. If you are in the area.