Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Owners Community Discussions (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   New Synergy Owner (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/new-synergy-owner-11939.html)

ggeier 05-03-2018 12:34 AM

New Synergy Owner

We just brought our new Synergy TT24 home this last week. As of yet it is just plugged in sitting in our driveway and we are anxiously looking forward to our shakedown trip. I have already learned quite some valuable tips from this forum and thank all of you for the ability to participate and most importantly, for us newbies, get advice. Kris and George

JamieGeek 05-03-2018 12:50 AM

Congratulations and welcome.

Mr Sunshine 05-03-2018 11:50 PM

Welcome to the forum! You've found a friendly, helpful place to bring your questions.
My first question to someone who plugged their brand new coach in would be, if you have a USE/STORE button, make sure it is set to USE, or it won't charge. You wouldn't be the first to learn that the hard way.
Happy camping!

Bob Denman 05-03-2018 11:56 PM

:D Welcome to our little "piece of the pie"! :D
Have you already got your Shakedown trip planned out, or are the negotiations still ongoing? :coolsmiley:
Good luck with the first trip! :thumb:

ggeier 05-20-2018 07:36 PM

Thanks for making me feel welcome, Synergy owner

I'd just like to say how much I appreciate the very evident helpful attitude of all who post on this site. Being a total newbie to camping and even worse to the art of driving really big expensive vehicles down the highway is intimidating.

As has been stated, the Thor manual is often vague and generic. By searching the threads I have already been able to answer a lot of questions that I had about the location of my new Synergy's fresh water tank and drain valve, sanitizing/winterizing the system, generator care and the difference between the 115 volt and 12 volt systems. (I found Ed Felker's Vegas Manual and that is just amazing! What a tremendous amount of work went into that.) And of course, there is all kind of info about things I never thought of like using grits to kill carpenter ants :angel:.

Because we are still in the work world we have yet to take much of a trip.... although I did drive the rig to the Indianapolis Airport to pick up my daughter (she had no trouble seeing me coming as she waited at the curb). That was fun :nonono: but it did give me the opportunity to really appreciate those side blind spot mirrors. We are doing a couple of camping weekends nearby then it's off to Minnesota for some fishing in July.

Someday I hope to be able to contribute something useful to the group but in the meantime, I just have to say thank you to all. Kris

bevedfelker 05-20-2018 07:49 PM

Wow!!! Grits killed other living organisms. I knew it!! I knew it!!