Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   DRV Luxury Suites (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Couresty Light (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/couresty-light-15637.html)

MS60ocb 01-09-2019 12:09 AM

Couresty Light

I had a lamp fail in one of my 2 courtesy lamps. I have been to two RV Parts stores,nothing. I have been to 2 Auto Parts stores, nothing. An eccentric (my DW's definition) store that has everything especially old items and repair parts, nothing.
The lamp is 14 volt 4 watt, incandescent (I believe because of the heat it puts out). The dimensions of the lamp is about 1 3/8 inch long and 1/4 inch diameter. All the modern LED lamps are a bit longer and maybe 3/8 inch Diameter.

I have been Thor'ed again.
It looks like I will have to replace 2015 October antique (my definition of some item that repair parts can't be found) fixtures. Present fixture has a 2 inch hole.
Clay 2016 MS 38PS3

rynosback 01-09-2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS60ocb (Post 161423)
I had a lamp fail in one of my 2 courtesy lamps. I have been to two RV Parts stores,nothing. I have been to 2 Auto Parts stores, nothing. An eccentric (my DW's definition) store that has everything especially old items and repair parts, nothing.
The lamp is 14 volt 4 watt, incandescent (I believe because of the heat it puts out). The dimensions of the lamp is about 1 3/8 inch long and 1/4 inch diameter. All the modern LED lamps are a bit longer and maybe 3/8 inch Diameter.

I have been Thor'ed again.
It looks like I will have to replace 2015 October antique (my definition of some item that repair parts can't be found) fixtures. Present fixture has a 2 inch hole.
Clay 2016 MS 38PS3

Clay, what is the bulb number? It should be printed on the bulb. And if there is not one, how about a picture of the bulb with a measuring tape to give the bulb scale.
What “2 courtesy lamps”?

MS60ocb 01-09-2019 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosback (Post 161438)
Clay, what is the bulb number?
What “2 courtesy lamps”?

The bulb number is 14V4W the bulb looks like a common barrel Fuse Metal End with glass center.
The China Product on Amazon is

https://www.amazon.com/ITC-395BULB-3...QBCRBFMWQQ41M7

The courtesy Lights (Night Lite) are located; One by the Bathroom Stool, The second located on the second step going from Kitchen to Bathroom. The switch is located on the same panel as the SCARE light switches

The point is the 2 most used lamps in the RV are short term light ( not to be confused for the inferior 3 inch pad lights the I have a qty of 31). And then lamp is not common.

Not counting appliance lights, I have 75 LED lamps, 6 incandescent and several LED rope type strings.

Clay

rynosback 01-09-2019 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS60ocb (Post 161442)
The bulb number is 14V4W the bulb looks like a common barrel Fuse Metal End with glass center.

The courtesy Lights (Night Lite) are located; One by the Bathroom Stool, The second located on the second step going from Kitchen to Bathroom. The switch is located on the same panel as the SCARE light switches

The point is the 2 most used lamps in the RV are short term light ( not to be confused for the inferior 3 inch pad lights the I have a qty of 31). And then lamp is not common.

Not counting appliance lights, I have 75 LED lamps, 6 incandescent and several LED rope type strings.

Clay

Oh, I have the inside step light, but no bathroom stool. Looks like bulbs that would go in car dome lights. How about NAPA?

Cummins12V98 01-09-2019 12:18 PM

Used these on my Boat for anchor and transom lights. AMAZON several sizes listed.

EverBrightt 2-Pack Cool White 31MM 3014 24SMD LED Festoon Light Lamp for Map Light Dome Light Trunk Light Plate Light

16ACE27 01-09-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS60ocb (Post 161442)

Clay

So you found at least one source for the replacement.

What's the problem again?

MS60ocb 01-09-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfryman (Post 161456)

Many problems but simply Chinese Junk that you have to buy on line and hopefully the supplier will provide a tracking number that you can change the delivery point so the the USPS can take 6-7 days to deliver Priority Mail-2 day or 15 days for first Class mail.
Clay

rynosback 01-09-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfryman (Post 161456)
So you found at least one source for the replacement.

Obviously he had a concern or question about it. Maybe he uses them all the time and wants to replace now, but does it really matter? Either way there is no need for your snide comments. Maybe you should just comment in the Thor class A,B and C section and out of the DRV section. As I do not wish to see them at all and suspect people asking for help do not care for them either.
Travel safe

rynosback 01-09-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS60ocb (Post 161474)
Many problems but simply Chinese Junk that you have to buy on line and hopefully the supplier will provide a tracking number that you can change the delivery point so the the USPS can take 6-7 days to deliver Priority Mail-2 day or 15 days for first Class mail.
Clay

Clay, no need to defend or validate a question you had. I hope that you find a better solution.

The Gritz Carlton 01-09-2019 06:39 PM

West Marine is a good source for these bulbs. I have these type on current boat and several in the past. Most likely will be stainless steel opposed to the tin crap online.

16ACE27 01-09-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS60ocb (Post 161474)
Clay

Maybe I'm thick, but the link you provided for Amazon will deliver that bulb to me Friday if I order it today. It doesn't say anything about coming from China or made in China.

What am I missing here?

16ACE27 01-09-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosback (Post 161524)
Obviously he had a concern or question about it. Maybe he uses them all the time and wants to replace now, but does it really matter? Either way there is no need for your snide comments. Maybe you should just comment in the Thor class A,B and C section and out of the DRV section. As I do not wish to see them at all and suspect people asking for help do not care for them either.
Travel safe

https://content.screencast.com/users...01-09_1420.png

'nuff said.

wingnut60 01-09-2019 11:39 PM

14 volt? Not sure about that, but looks just like the light that was in my last Dometic reefer...

rynosback 01-09-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingnut60 (Post 161574)
14 volt? Not sure about that, but looks just like the light that was in my last Dometic reefer...

I would think that they are fine up to that voltage. As a battery when being charged is 14-14.5 volts. So maybe that is the limit.

Diemaster 01-10-2019 12:34 AM

i would contribute to this discussion but it's obvious i dont belong in this forum since i dont have the right coach. so i;ll keep my typing hands quiet.

wingnut60 01-10-2019 01:05 AM

Ahhh, but probably Thor coaches use the same cheap lights as do the Thor DRVs...

Guess you're ok on lights, but not on fresh water tanks...:)

rynosback 01-10-2019 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemaster (Post 161585)
i would contribute to this discussion but it's obvious i dont belong in this forum since i dont have the right coach. so i;ll keep my typing hands quiet.

Well if you really feel this way, why are you still posting here?

16ACE27 01-10-2019 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosback (Post 161594)
Well if you really feel this way, why are you still posting here?

https://content.screencast.com/users...01-09_1420.png

And you think I make snide remarks?:lol::lol:

rynosback 01-10-2019 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfryman (Post 161599)
And you think I make snide remarks?:lol::lol:

You should really look at the differences. Someone asks for help and you reply with a snide remark.

You post, i would contribute to this discussion but it's obvious i dont belong in this forum since i dont have the right coach. so i;ll keep my typing hands quiet.

Now if you do not see the difference I can not help you. I take it you received my PM. As I stated somethings belong off the open forum not to derail a thread.

16ACE27 01-10-2019 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosback (Post 161607)
You should really look at the differences. Someone asks for help and you reply with a snide remark.

You post, i would contribute to this discussion but it's obvious i dont belong in this forum since i dont have the right coach. so i;ll keep my typing hands quiet.

Now if you do not see the difference I can not help you. I take it you received my PM. As I stated somethings belong off the open forum not to derail a thread.

It wasn't my post you made your rude remark to. Obviously you have trouble with multiple posters.