Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Maintenance and Repair (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Carefree awning (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/carefree-awning-15935.html)

bobj73 02-02-2019 11:31 PM

Carefree awning

I can't seem to find the power cut off for our carefree latitude awning.
We have a 17 windsport 35m.
According to the installation manual from carefree, there is supposed to be a power cutoff switch ,,,somewhere.
I'll be usuing their stabilizer supports, when we're parked for a while, and don't want it rolling up accidentally.
I'm going to install a switch near the fuse panel, easiest place to find the main power.
Has any one else run into this ?

Beau388 02-02-2019 11:50 PM

You will probably have to pull the fuse or turn the Use/Store switch to store. That was the only way, I could remove power when I had to replace bearing assembly due to a collision with a STOP sign.

Shawn62 07-13-2019 12:50 AM

bobj73,

I have a 17 Windsport 35m also. Did you put in an on/off switch for your awning? Does yours have the direct response auto retract system?

BYoshida 07-13-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobj73 (Post 165611)
I can't seem to find the power cut off for our carefree latitude awning.
We have a 17 windsport 35m.
According to the installation manual from carefree, there is supposed to be a power cutoff switch ,,,somewhere.
I'll be usuing their stabilizer supports, when we're parked for a while, and don't want it rolling up accidentally.
I'm going to install a switch near the fuse panel, easiest place to find the main power.
Has any one else run into this ?

What Carefree's manual says is different than what is in our Vegas also. There is no separate power button. Just in and out and the lights. That may be so you don't turn off the wind sensor auto retract?

Shawn62 07-13-2019 11:19 AM

Carefree Latitude Awning

The latitude manual I read was from 2014. It says that the switches installed by the coach manufacturer may vary and to contact them with questions. It maybe that Thor doesnít want the auto retract to be disabled. There is a big trade off between a manual and a motorized awning. A manual awning is stronger and adjustable. Carefree recommends that the Latitude awning is not left unattended.

bobj73 07-13-2019 12:43 PM

Switch

Yes i did, I put one under the bed, tied in near the fuse box. I have the" Awning Stabiliz'r" kit. (Found on carefree's website ), and didn't want it to retract while using it. Yes it does have the auto retract system.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn62 (Post 192689)
bobj73,

I have a 17 Windsport 35m also. Did you put in an on/off switch for your awning? Does yours have the direct response auto retract system?

Shawn62 07-13-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobj73 (Post 192717)
Yes i did, I put one under the bed, tied in near the fuse box. I have the" Awning Stabiliz'r" kit. (Found on carefree's website ), and didn't want it to retract while using it. Yes it does have the auto retract system.

bobj73,
Thanks for the info. I think I will invest in the awning stabilizír kit after I put in a switch. Did u purchase from the web site or a dealer?

bobj73 07-13-2019 04:57 PM

You're welcome. I bought it off Amazon, think it was around 70.00?
Works good for us.

Shawn62 07-13-2019 10:30 PM

Thanks. That system looks sturdy. I see that fuse #11 is for the power awning. I will tap in there.

bobj73 07-13-2019 11:25 PM

I've been happy with it. Just make sure you pull the fuse and try it first, mine was mislabeled. Another Thor tradition, lol .