Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Modifications and Updates (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/roadmaster-vs-safe-t-plus-16800.html)

Rcstroll 04-08-2019 04:04 PM

Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus

Hi!! I own a 2019 Thor Miramar 35.2 and love it. That said I have noticed the reviews on steering and suggestions to install a steering stabilizer. I've ordered and have a stabilizer ready for my F53 frame. That said, that's what I did and received a Roadmaster steering stabilizer. Great name in the business. My question is about Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus. Do they both preform equally?? Thanks in advance.

Lt Keefer 04-08-2019 04:31 PM

I put a Saf-T-Plus on my Hurricane and it works great. Steering had no 'feel' prior to install, now it does.

Harvard 04-08-2019 05:16 PM

+ Caster, the organic steering stabilizer

Alignment - Caster is Key? - Forest River Forums

POPULAR MECHANICS MAY 1973:
START QUOTE:
If too little caster exists, the car will wander and weave,
thus necessitating constant corrections in steering.
END QUOTE:

TyCreek 04-08-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rcstroll (Post 176426)
Hi!! I own a 2019 Thor Miramar 35.2 and love it. That said I have noticed the reviews on steering and suggestions to install a steering stabilizer. I've ordered and have a stabilizer ready for my F53 frame. That said, that's what I did and received a Roadmaster steering stabilizer. Great name in the business. My question is about Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus. Do they both preform equally?? Thanks in advance.

They were not equal but very close... when I used them both.
1) both are center biased
2) RSS easier adjust
3) STP heavier dampening

Typically heavy dampening is translated into more driver's comfort - just know, that bliss isn't always the safest or best thing when piloting a heavy loaded rig! RSS was a pretty good in-between OEM and STP. Personally, I didn't like center bias because I seldom travel primary highways so I ended up with other stabilizer choice.

Understand that heavier dampening doesn't mean safer ... chuckle ... even when compared to the stock OEM stabilizer ;)

jannnda 04-08-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rcstroll (Post 176426)

I have the Roadmaster and like it. I have never driven a rig with the Safe-T-Plus so they may be better.

Judge 04-08-2019 08:58 PM

Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus

I installed the Roadmaster on my Clss C E-450. It was less expensive but only had a 2 year warranty. It also was an easy DIY install.

I could tell the unit tracked straighter and was easier to keep in its lane versus the stock damper right away.

dave.irwin.59@gmail.com 04-08-2019 09:37 PM

I went with the Safe-T- Plus on my Hurricane 29M and have been very happy with it.

One reason for me picking it (other than reputation and reviews) is they are located close to me in the Atlanta area. I purchased directly from them and they did the installation for free.

Pete'sMH 04-08-2019 11:36 PM

I put a Safe T Plus on my class C after a scary issue with a front wheel dropping off the edge of the pavement. Liked it fine but never tested its effectiveness in an emergency. When I traded on a Class A I bought the Roadmaster mostly because itís cheaper and I generally find Roadmaster products to be excellent. I like it just fine too. Did my own installation in both cases and itís pretty easy. On the F53 you need a deep well 1 1/8 inch socket and a decent size breaker bar. In my opinion there is no functional difference between the two products.

Rcstroll 04-10-2019 02:48 PM

Thanks to all. Gives me peace of mind.