Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   New sofa for Hurricane 34F (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/new-sofa-hurricane-34f-17272.html)

hhbuck 05-14-2019 01:34 AM

New sofa for Hurricane 34F
 
8 Attachment(s)
Coach Model: 2016 Thor Hurricane 34F
Couch Brand: Rec Pro 80MOD Toffee
To recline or not to recline that was our question. As much as we liked the factory sleeper couch in our RV, we missed our recliners that we have at home. We decided to go with the RECPRO product. There are a few challenges in this project that will need to be addressed. To make this move you will not just be giving up an extra bed but also your washer/ dryer option. After you remove the factory sofa unit, you will find that under that sofa is the 2” drain hose, the hot/cold lines along with some cables and other water lines. You will have to remove the drain line from your RV. The grey water tank is under the slide area where the couch is. It is piped into your grey tank with a hose boot there. All other lines and cables just need to be redirected to the back wall of the slide out. The floor area of the slide out on the 34F is 32” deep by 84” You will need to extend the floor area 3” deeper to 35”. For this you will need a ¾ plywood 35” x 84”. Some additional cuts will need to be made around the hose boot and the slide out gear plate. This can be attached over the existing floor and extend the front floor area the 3” needed. Carpet this now with carpet to match trim areas. Now you can start your install of your new couch. The Rec Pro unit comes in 3 easy to handle sections that easily fit thru the door of the RV. Position the 3 units since the new couch is 80” just center it in the opening, slide the unit outward on floor and anchor the end units with wood screws in the existing holes in the front and rear rails. You are done. The size, color options and easy install features made the Rec Pro unit a great choice for us in our RV and boy are they comfortable. I hope this helps anyone who is interested in this upgrade. If you have any questions just reply.Attachment 17382

Attachment 17383

Attachment 17384

Attachment 17385

hhbuck 05-14-2019 01:38 AM

Factory sleeper
 
If anyone is interested in the factory sleeper just contact me. It is 84" long and 32" deep. Toffee or tan in color.

pmorris92223 05-26-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhbuck (Post 182278)
Coach Model: 2016 Thor Hurricane 34F
Couch Brand: Rec Pro 80MOD Toffee
To recline or not to recline that was our question. As much as we liked the factory sleeper couch in our RV, we missed our recliners that we have at home. We decided to go with the RECPRO product. There are a few challenges in this project that will need to be addressed. To make this move you will not just be giving up an extra bed but also your washer/ dryer option. After you remove the factory sofa unit, you will find that under that sofa is the 2” drain hose, the hot/cold lines along with some cables and other water lines. You will have to remove the drain line from your RV. The grey water tank is under the slide area where the couch is. It is piped into your grey tank with a hose boot there. All other lines and cables just need to be redirected to the back wall of the slide out. The floor area of the slide out on the 34F is 32” deep by 84” You will need to extend the floor area 3” deeper to 35”. For this you will need a ¾ plywood 35” x 84”. Some additional cuts will need to be made around the hose boot and the slide out gear plate. This can be attached over the existing floor and extend the front floor area the 3” needed. Carpet this now with carpet to match trim areas. Now you can start your install of your new couch. The Rec Pro unit comes in 3 easy to handle sections that easily fit thru the door of the RV. Position the 3 units since the new couch is 80” just center it in the opening, slide the unit outward on floor and anchor the end units with wood screws in the existing holes in the front and rear rails. You are done. The size, color options and easy install features made the Rec Pro unit a great choice for us in our RV and boy are they comfortable. I hope this helps anyone who is interested in this upgrade. If you have any questions just reply.Attachment 17382

Attachment 17383

Attachment 17384

Attachment 17385

We replaced our "L" couch in our 35M about 3 months ago with a Rec Pro power recliner, looks much like yours. I didn't do the install but we love the result. DW wanted a fireplace added to the install so we know that happened too.[emoji16]

Lsilva0925 12-22-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhbuck (Post 182278)
Coach Model: 2016 Thor Hurricane 34F
Couch Brand: Rec Pro 80MOD Toffee
To recline or not to recline that was our question. As much as we liked the factory sleeper couch in our RV, we missed our recliners that we have at home. We decided to go with the RECPRO product. There are a few challenges in this project that will need to be addressed. To make this move you will not just be giving up an extra bed but also your washer/ dryer option. After you remove the factory sofa unit, you will find that under that sofa is the 2” drain hose, the hot/cold lines along with some cables and other water lines. You will have to remove the drain line from your RV. The grey water tank is under the slide area where the couch is. It is piped into your grey tank with a hose boot there. All other lines and cables just need to be redirected to the back wall of the slide out. The floor area of the slide out on the 34F is 32” deep by 84” You will need to extend the floor area 3” deeper to 35”. For this you will need a ¾ plywood 35” x 84”. Some additional cuts will need to be made around the hose boot and the slide out gear plate. This can be attached over the existing floor and extend the front floor area the 3” needed. Carpet this now with carpet to match trim areas. Now you can start your install of your new couch. The Rec Pro unit comes in 3 easy to handle sections that easily fit thru the door of the RV. Position the 3 units since the new couch is 80” just center it in the opening, slide the unit outward on floor and anchor the end units with wood screws in the existing holes in the front and rear rails. You are done. The size, color options and easy install features made the Rec Pro unit a great choice for us in our RV and boy are they comfortable. I hope this helps anyone who is interested in this upgrade. If you have any questions just reply.Attachment 17382

Attachment 17383

Attachment 17384

Attachment 17385


This is exactly what we have. We brought our rig to two different well known RV repair companies and they both tell us this cannot be done, well obviously it can because you did it. We are not electrical or plumbing savvy. Any suggestions? Help!

southladon 12-23-2019 02:33 AM

This is awesome. You have given me new hope for something better than a reupholstered sofa sleeper. We have a 2015 34F with the flaking pleather issue, and I originally wanted to change out the sofa for the RecPro. But when I saw the whole plumbing mess and flex lines unde the sofa, along with the side of the factory sofa cut out to pass the plumbing through, I had given up on the idea. Glad to see it’s very doable. My only concern is we do use our washer /dryer hookups and wouldn’t want to give up. I wonder if there’s enough clearance to hard plum the line to the back of the wall and perhaps let the flex line come from behind the sofa and still reach the boot? I notice that you completely covered the boot/pipe setup with carpet? Did you cut it down flush with the existing floor? Also does the fitting for the sofa end up over where the boot was?

Lsilva0925 12-23-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southladon (Post 216761)
This is awesome. You have given me new hope for something better than a reupholstered sofa sleeper. We have a 2015 34F with the flaking pleather issue, and I originally wanted to change out the sofa for the RecPro. But when I saw the whole plumbing mess and flex lines unde the sofa, along with the side of the factory sofa cut out to pass the plumbing through, I had given up on the idea. Glad to see it’s very doable. My only concern is we do use our washer /dryer hookups and wouldn’t want to give up. I wonder if there’s enough clearance to hard plum the line to the back of the wall and perhaps let the flex line come from behind the sofa and still reach the boot? I notice that you completely covered the boot/pipe setup with carpet? Did you cut it down flush with the existing floor? Also does the fitting for the sofa end up over where the boot was?

Good question, I had the same idea with the plumbing. I do not want to sacrifice the washer, however I will if I need to. Very interested in the answer. I took our rig to two different RV stores and both said a full sofa wasn't even possible so I'm losing hope. Help!

southladon 12-23-2019 09:44 PM

HHBuck; Would you mind posting a pic of the floor area below the left most seat with the foot rest up? I would like to see how the metal sofa frame lays across the floor area relative to the where the boot is/was...

hhbuck 12-24-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southladon (Post 216833)
HHBuck; Would you mind posting a pic of the floor area below the left most seat with the foot rest up? I would like to see how the metal sofa frame lays across the floor area relative to the where the boot is/was...

I replied just do not see the reply for you see if you all can find it. was full answer to questions

southladon 12-26-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhbuck (Post 216934)
I replied just do not see the reply for you see if you all can find it. was full answer to questions



HHBuck; unfortunately, I’m not seeing your mentioned reply. Perhaps you could repost. Very interested in details on this!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2