Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Modifications and Updates (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   How to remove the cornices? (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/how-remove-cornices-19053.html)

Cwray 09-12-2019 02:46 AM

How to remove the cornices?

I'm seriously considering replacing the cheap day-blinds in my 34J. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to take the cornices that are over the blinds down. I can see the single screw at the bottom of the vertical cornices on each side of the blinds. But I can't see anything holding in the top. And out of all the things installed in the RV, the cornices seem uniquely well attached. Knowing the likelihood of small screws stripping out of the flimsy walls--I'm afraid to just undo the two bottom screws and then start pulling & twisting.

I'm sure a yank would just rip these things outta the walls. But I'd like to not damage anything and put them back after installing either a day/night set of blinds or shades.

chrisngrod 09-12-2019 02:49 AM

I took the one in the kitchen off. Just two screws I accessed by laying on the counter and looking straight up.

That one broke so I ordered an Impulse Roller Shade system.

Beau388 09-12-2019 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwray (Post 202452)
I'm seriously considering replacing the cheap day-blinds in my 34J. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to take the cornices that are over the blinds down. I can see the single screw at the bottom of the vertical cornices on each side of the blinds. But I can't see anything holding in the top. And out of all the things installed in the RV, the cornices seem uniquely well attached. Knowing the likelihood of small screws stripping out of the flimsy walls--I'm afraid to just undo the two bottom screws and then start pulling & twisting.

I'm sure a yank would just rip these things outta the walls. But I'd like to not damage anything and put them back after installing either a day/night set of blinds or shades.

They have L shaped brackets holding the lambrequin to the wall. Unscrewing the top (vertical) screws, allow you to lift up and remove the lambrequin; then you can get to the wall (horizontal) screws holding the L shaped brackets to the wall.

Lt Keefer 09-12-2019 04:06 AM

Ditto what BEAU388 said.

GVP-The Boxcar Children 09-12-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt Keefer (Post 202463)
Ditto what BEAU388 said.

Agreed-just did this on our Aria 4000.
GVP

Cwray 09-12-2019 07:42 PM

Thanks you guys! I’ll be getting the rig back from storage next week and will try that.

Bob Denman 09-12-2019 07:49 PM

Don't forget to take some "Before & After " pictures of this project for us.
Good luck! :thumb:

chrisngrod 09-24-2019 06:52 PM

How to remove the cornices?

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 20458

Attachment 20459

Attachment 20460

Just setup the Impulse shade. Had to shim it because of the screen on the window coming into contact with the shades. You need a sliver of space up top to get the end caps back in.

Decided to leave the original cornice off.