Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Owners Community Discussions (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   Thor Vegas/Axis 24.1 Bed (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/thor-vegas-axis-24-1-bed-20959.html)

twovillagers 03-08-2020 12:52 PM

Thor Vegas/Axis 24.1 Bed

We purchased our 2019 Vegas 24.1 at the end of October. So far, we have used it 9 nights and are getting ready for more and longer trips as the weather "up North" improves.
We like the 24.1 and have had no major issues to date. The biggest modification made was the removal of the sofa, replacing it with two RecPro recliners-a major improvement.
My question concerns the bed. I am 6'3" plus and need bed length. To date, I have slept on the passenger side with my head at the rear of the coach letting my feet hang over the end. I removed the folding curtain to get a little more room.
Next trip, I am thinking of switiching position with my head toward the front of the coach to be able to use the center cushion for my feet. We like leaving the other center cushion out to be able to access the beds and drawers.

Of course, I thought of sleeping crosswise, but that necessitates one person having to climb over the other.

Bed length and shower size are the two things I would change in an otherwise perfect floor plan. I've adjusted to the shower (having had a "wet bathroom" in a houseboat), but I'm still looking for the best solution for the bed.

Any innovative ideas from any of the other tall owners?

Thanks!

Chance 03-08-2020 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by twovillagers (Post 226095)

.....cut....

Of course, I thought of sleeping crosswise, but that necessitates one person having to climb over the other.

......cut....

I donít own one, so just speculating based on bed dimensions (which Iím familiar with having looked at 24.1 many times).

Have you considered letting one person sleep on one twin bed length wise, and you sleep diagonally with bed made up as King, without actually sleeping crosswise which would block access to one person?

Not counting one TwinBed, the remaining bed space should be over 7í from corner to corner. May be worth trying.

ducksface 03-08-2020 04:50 PM

Cut a pocket in the closet at the foot of the passenger bed.
It's an easy cut to make and will trim out easily.

twovillagers 03-08-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance (Post 226114)
I donít own one, so just speculating based on bed dimensions (which Iím familiar with having looked at 24.1 many times).

Have you considered letting one person sleep on one twin bed length wise, and you sleep diagonally with bed made up as King, without actually sleeping crosswise which would block access to one person?

Not counting one TwinBed, the remaining bed space should be over 7í from corner to corner. May be worth trying.

Thanks, Chance. This is along the line of my thoughts. I will try head at both ends to see which is more comfortable.
I appreciate your reply.

Roy234 10-25-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twovillagers (Post 226095)
We purchased our 2019 Vegas 24.1 at the end of October. So far, we have used it 9 nights and are getting ready for more and longer trips as the weather "up North" improves.
We like the 24.1 and have had no major issues to date. The biggest modification made was the removal of the sofa, replacing it with two RecPro recliners-a major improvement.
My question concerns the bed. I am 6'3" plus and need bed length. To date, I have slept on the passenger side with my head at the rear of the coach letting my feet hang over the end. I removed the folding curtain to get a little more room.
Next trip, I am thinking of switiching position with my head toward the front of the coach to be able to use the center cushion for my feet. We like leaving the other center cushion out to be able to access the beds and drawers.

Bed length and shower size are the two things I would change in an otherwise perfect floor plan. I've adjusted to the shower (having had a "wet bathroom" in a houseboat), but I'm still looking for the best solution for the bed.

Any innovative ideas from any of the other tall owners?

Thanks!

Can you fit a queen size bed? Imho, it's the best option for tall people.
I'm 6'1 and this size is the most ergonomic/comfortable decision I've ever did